Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE

I'm having a Gallic pop day today to celebrate Amir's rehabilitation of France at Eurovision, and so I obviously started with this undeniable classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I learned it via Kate Ryan, but the original is a French pop masterpiece.

I presume it took about 47 sales given the French singles charts are in an even worse state than ours, but for some reason this re-charts at #4 this week...

I presume it took about 47 sales given the French singles charts are in an even worse state than ours, but for some reason this re-charts at #4 this week...

They rereleased the vinyl, 1836 sales...32 of them digital :D

I'm amazed it didn't just make #1 like everything else she ever releases on physical :D

Help please, Mylène fans

The Les Mots compilation seems to have disappeared from Spotify. There's a Les Mots playlist, but it's incomplete. The version of Désenchantée on that compilation is my favourite. Does anyone know if it's available anywhere else?

Help please, Mylène fans

The Les Mots compilation seems to have disappeared from Spotify. There's a Les Mots playlist, but it's incomplete. The version of Désenchantée on that compilation is my favourite. Does anyone know if it's available anywhere else?
Well I have the CD at home and have it ripped onto my iTunes library....

... just having a look now at Amazon.fr and it looks like Les Mots has been deleted or something?

There's a parallel conversation in the Mylene Farmer 'Rolling Stone' thread about her catalogue and the appearance of lots of best-ofs/live compilations recently and I think there's some kind of record label issue. Might explain why the original Les Mots has been taken off Spotify as well...

Oh actually I think Mr L has the CD. I'd forgotten about that possibility, I haven't ripped a CD for many years.

I'm not sure if it is an entirely new mix, or if it was just remastered and sounded more beefed up. Listening to the version on L'Autre now it sounds similar to how I remember. But the bit of the song which totally sends me over the edge into orgiastic bliss is the chanted 'CHAOS!' part, which I think is most prominent (and perhaps slightly longer) on that Les Mots version. And they seem to be edited out (other than in the background) of the version on the recent Plus Grandir compilation.

This is probably all a bit :david: to some, but to me it would be like a version of All The Lovers that removes the wigout, or Hung Up without the sample.

Last edited:
Oh actually I think Mr L has the CD. I'd forgotten about that possibility, I haven't ripped a CD for many years.
I'm not sure if it is an entirely new mix, or if it was just remastered and sounded more beefed up. Listening to the version on L'Autre now it sounds similar to how I remember. But the bit of the song which totally sends me over the edge into orgiastic bliss is the chanted 'CHAOS!' part, which I think is most prominent (and perhaps slightly longer) on that Les Mots version. And they seem to be edited out (other than in the background) of the version on the recent Plus Grandir compilation.

This is probably all a bit :david: to some, but to me it would be like a version of All The Lovers that removes the wigout, or Hung Up without the sample.
I’ve always thought the Les Mots versions were her Immaculate Collection Q-Sound remixes. Hardly any different other than to the loon…

I can never be arsed organising such things, but we really should do some kind of classic Mylene video VIEWING PARTY someday.

They truly are brilliant + absurd + absurdly expensive :D

*Gets tits out and nuts love rival*

This is just going to be my drunk Mylene dumping ground at this point, but imagine if Madonna could still be arsed making videos this good four decades into her career?

This is just going to be my drunk Mylene dumping ground at this point, but imagine if Madonna could still be arsed making videos this good four decades into her career?

Sorry, all I feel I'm doing is criticising you for your Madonna opinions these days, but both Ghosttown and Medellin have unarguably great videos at the absolute LEAST.

Also - not turning it into a VoR pile-on but I don't really like the 'City of Love' video to be honest.

an easy classic and very apt for the last couple of years.

incidentally, i put innamoramento on last night for the first time in ages. still solid.

i'd never seen the video for souviens-toi du jour before, love the "dress" by mugler. the way it starts melting is beautiful.

an easy classic and very apt for the last couple of years.

incidentally, i put innamoramento on last night for the first time in ages. still solid.

i'd never seen the video for souviens-toi du jour before, love the "dress" by mugler. the way it starts melting is beautiful.

That's her best song.

is this the one you mean?

i have been banging this song quite hard these days. my friends seem to have somehow forgotten it ever existed :evil:

Anyone for an overpriced boxset of Anamorphosee?

Très mérité! :disco:

And it probably wouldn't even feature in my Myl Top 10 but it's a 10/10 either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom