Most random place you've heard a Eurovision entry?

Jacques

doing it for my lover
Pronouns
He/Him
This thread is inspired by me walking into Oliver Bonas yesterday, and 'Divine' by Sebastien Tellier was playing :shock:

If we extend out to NF entries or Eurovision artists in general, I heard 'Smile' by Benjamin Ingrosso in a Brewers Fayre the other month

During Covid, when I lived in the old BBC TV Centre, the strangest thing (after constantly being caught in the background of Loose Women being filmed outdoors) was my daily walk though an almost entirely closed down Westfield to the dystopian tones of The Mamas ‘Move’ - every single day.

Oh and when I went to Marrakech last year, the radio in the taxi was playing Ti Amo by Gina G (appreciate that is Eurovision adjacent but I appreciated it at the time).

This was shortly before I was nearly flattened in the earthquake

Last edited:
Certainly not the most random, but last year Benny Cristo (Czech Republic 2020 & 2021) did a song in French which made its way onto popular French radios.
Given how impervious France usually is to the Eurovision bubble I would not have bet on this happening, especially with Benny of all the people who graced the Eurovision stage!

I heard Marie N’s “I Wanna” in an Oxford Street branch of Zara in 2010.

Rockefeller Street in MediaMarkt, Kortrijk in Belgium back in 2018

I heard a group of kids singing Love Shine A Light in Ghent in 2019. I was shocked, but loved it. God bless them.

I usually try to get as many Melfest/Eurovision songs into school productions that I write. The least successful attempt was On Top of the World by The Swedish Housewives because one of the lead singers got herself tangled around the microphone chord and fell over. She started crying mid-song which I thought was quite unprofessional.

Love Shine a Light worked brilliantly in a school assembly because I had individual children enter the stage playing instruments as the song built.

I managed to get Undo by Sanna Nielsen into a Christmas musical I wrote which was based around Hansel and Gretel but set primarily to the music of Kelly Clarkson. The protagonists found themselves cast under a spell that they had to reverse, so it worked perfectly.

I managed to get Undo by Sanna Nielsen into a Christmas musical I wrote which was based around Hansel and Gretel but set primarily to the music of Kelly Clarkson. The protagonists found themselves cast under a spell that they had to reverse, so it worked perfectly.
Also doubles as a wonderful lesson in GRAMMAR

Just now, am in the apartment on my bed and I hear someone passing outside the street singing to himself "take a look at yourself cause that's what you need to do, to do, cause the only problem in this room is about you, about you, cause you're a liar, liar, liar, liar, yeah, yeah, yeah" :D

Just now, am in the apartment on my bed and I hear someone passing outside the street singing to himself "take a look at yourself cause that's what you need to do, to do, cause the only problem in this room is about you, about you, cause you're a liar, liar, liar, liar, yeah, yeah, yeah" :D
Oh yeah that was me. Did I wake you?

I'm on holiday in Tunisia and a couple of days ago round the pool they were playing an instrumental of "What's Another Year?"

They clearly want in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom