Mighty Hoopla 2023

Because of the two big outdoor stages, we just spent our entire time there and nowhere else too- we realised as we left last night that we hadn’t even gone round half the event.

I really enjoyed it again, but it felt harder work this year- the two main stages were rammed to the point it was uncomfortable at times in the Candy stage (particularly during the Vengaboys).

Sophie was the highlight for me, though Samantha Mumba was great too. LSL was obviously a bit ropey but I loved every minute of her set and she was having so much fun. And that back catalogue is great- though FFS why we had to get Tragedy solo I do not know.

I've only watched a short clip of Once but surely she also sang Boy Who Murdered Love and CINDERELLA?

She did Once and My Wicked Heart

I’d have loved the Boy Who Murdered Love but no

She did however lead a singalong karaoke for Its all coming back to me now

You can just about see me in the crowd somewhere on her instagram story

Total fan boy now

I had a fab weekend and it’s a great event with a really great atmosphere and vibe but the line up wasn’t as essential this year and agree about the two stages making the tents somewhat redundant and so then bottle necking a lot of space.

Dagny was absolutely brilliant and totally benefitted from having Loreen on right after as the crowd was there for her. Both of those two were my highlights along with Vengaboys who were just camp.

Samantha Mumba, Sophie E-B, LSL and K-Ro also great.

Kelis, Loreen, Jake, Sophie and Confidence Man were the highlights for me. Agree about the two stages being too close and the second stage being too packed and enclosed. Back to a tent next year please 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom