Melodifestivalen 2022: Deltävling 4 - Friends Arena

I'm sitting here in my apple tree
There's a guiding light shining down on me
I can see the dawning of my life
Bigger than the universe

Just take my hand, put your trust in fate
Let us leave this world for a better place

A place where all the darkest days are gone and everyone's a champion

Is Sweden really going to let a cult leader win Melodifestivalen (again after Carola)? :shock:

With his anxiety I wonder if he'd actually want to go to Turin if he won anyway? This has all been a great stretching experience for him so far, but surely the national stage is enough?

To be fair - the song underneath the corny lyrics, children's choir and the cringeworthy stage show isn't half-bad AT ALL. But you can tell at every corner he really didn't mean to enter himself.

This may come back and bite me in the arse but I’m really, really confident that he won’t win. I don’t even think he’ll be particularly close. It just isn’t consistent with how Sweden usually votes in the finals.

This may come back and bite me in the arse but I’m really, really confident that he won’t win. I don’t even think he’ll be particularly close. It just isn’t consistent with how Sweden usually votes in the finals.
Do they really approach semi and final voting with different mentalities?

We don’t know that he especially steamrolled the semis compared to Klara, Cornelia and LIAMOO anyway. All we have is some online polls and the Swedish press trying to stir up his chances because he sells papers.

Examples of Swedish game face from the past decade (televote only)

2011: Linda Bengtzing - (1st in its heat, last in the finals)
2013: Sean Banan - (1st in heat, 6th in finals)
2013: Ravaillacz (1st in heat, 8th in finals)
2018: Martin Almgren (1st in heat, 13th in finals)
2018: Samir & Viktor (1st in heat, 5th in finals)
2021: Danny Saucedo (1st in heat, 7th in finals)

Shuffla would have been an amazing entry for Sweden, especially in 2018. A real missed opportunity for them to let their hair down for once.
That's why I'd love Cornelia, Lillasyster or Medina to win; brilliant songs with far less precision engineering behind the performances, just stage presence and a shitload of personality.

Rewrite the lyrics, remove the kid's choir and give it to, I don't know, Molly Sandén and you've got something really competitive on hand.
Don’t get me wrong I think it’s still a bit on the generic Melfest cliche side in a David Lindgren kind of way, but it’s well put together.

I really don’t mind who wins - it’s not going to be Anna or Cazzi (my two favourites) but if I have to chose, I would go for Cornelia - it is ultimately the best song. I like ‘Run for the Hills’ and I really like Klara, but the greater dance rather than pop sensibilities of the song mean it’s still not quite clicking with me. I’d actually love for Anders to go - it would be a bold move for Sweden!

I’d actually love for Anders to go - it would be a bold move for Sweden!
How would it be a bold move? It’s the most basic song in the competition!

We ALL know that sending Medina would be the boldest move for Sweden after years of unengaging bilge and I’m not just saying that because of my new love FAT ALI :)

Choose that and KEEP IT IN SWEDISH PLEASE!

Anders Bagge would in a certain way be the exact same mistake they made with Tusse - getting carried away with a beloved national treasure from Idol who doesn't quite translate perfectly outside Sweden, and who's sending something a bit basic to boot.
Totally. How many times have we seen a country send something or somebody they care deeply about, forgetting to remind themselves that the rest of the Europe has no idea who they even are. You can’t get by on name and personality alone (just ask Bonnie Tyler!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom