Mariah - Up Out My Face (2024 reappraisal)

I cc'd all your friends

• A stone groove - 10/10

• Should've been a smash hit wonder

• I love her, but I don't live for her

• A highlight of Memoirs

• Not my cup of shade

• On balance, I love Up Out My Face

• On balance, I like Up Out My Face

• Get outta here (ooh yeah)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jark

User
one of her most underrated singles post-Emancipation, I fear

let's gloss over the unfortunate feature. I love the unhinged, almost stream of consciousness middle 8 - are the Harvard University graduating class of 2010 too old to make this viral now please? :disco:

AN MC CLASSIQUE?

I love the song simply cuz it's peak petty Mariah.

nicki minaj laughing GIF

It’s so BASIC!

I mean I’m the biggest fan of mid tempos you’ll ever meet, but this is just PLODDING…

I did like that she committed to hip hop/R&B when everyone was going EDM and dance pop. But this is cute, not a career highlight. HATEU, Betcha Gon Know and Candy Bling are stronger.

HATEU is a really good song but the chopped up vocal takes take me out of a bit. but a Memoirs highlight 4real 4real.

It’s so BASIC!

I mean I’m the biggest fan of mid tempos you’ll ever meet, but this is just PLODDING…

Imagine it being the highlight of a clickety-click, plodding, middling ALBAM. She shouldn't have limited herself to work exclusively with The-Dream.

Weren't the singles from this campaign anyway? Aside from Obsessed which went Top 10 :disco: HATE U, UOMF (Boy) and I Wanna Know What Love Is ( :zombie:) were just randomly thrown out as singles with a video no less, to ZERO impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom