Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sheena

ROMANCE
The recent RESURGENCE of our GLORIOUS LEADER (Norwegian division) Margo has led me back to this 2006 classic that, to be honest, I haven't played for a while and I was surprised we don't have a thread for it, well, the album itself at least.

Pre- Eurovision/ I Feed You My Love, it was without doubt one of my favourite albums of that glorious mid 00s period where the Scandis were churning out ENTIRELY UNSUCCESSFUL INTERNATIONALLY electro pop that, had it found the right distribution channels, should have been huge.

Anyway, LOON RATE incoming:

10 Silver Fairy
09 Seek I'll Hide
10 Will You Remember Me Tomorrow?
11 Samantha
10 I'm Gonna Stay After Summer
07 Get Physical
10 Naive (16)
10 Robot Song
10 Pretty Things In Life
08 Have You Never Ever?

I don't remember liking the non-singles, but Robot Song is a thing of beauty. I'll re-listen soon if those scores are anything to go by.

I need to relisten, as I'm struggling to remember a few of the later tracks.

I know Seek I'll Hide is my 11 though :disco:

I need to relisten, as I'm struggling to remember a few of the later tracks.

I know Seek I'll Hide is my 11 though :disco:

I remember you LOVING it. I also found a related thread this morning where I introduced you to Robyn :D

I knew it was here, but not YOU

I bought it the day of release to fill a CDOn order through curiosity. The thread (I think it's the Margaret Berger one) has you asking me what it's like.

I listened to this (and the debut) last weekend after the announcement. I don't think I haven't played it in years but it holds up wonderfully.

Samantha was the lead for good reason but Pretty Things In Life jumped out too.

The title track, Lifetime Guarantee and Both Sides stood out from the first album but it isn't nearly as strong overall.

I remember a kind soul once burned this onto cd for me and posted it along with Bertine Zerlitz’s ‘My Italian Greyhound’ as they thought I’d like them and should hear them. Of course they were right and although I spent more time with Bertine this is top notch too. ‘Seek I’ll Hide’ and ‘Robot Song’ are my top two.

I remember a kind soul once burned this onto cd for me and posted it along with Bertine Zerlitz’s ‘My Italian Greyhound’ as they thought I’d like them and should hear them. Of course they were right and although I spent more time with Bertine this is top notch too. ‘Seek I’ll Hide’ and ‘Robot Song’ are my top two.

I played Bertine after my spin of this this very morning. I just always liked how she was a BIT MORE EVIL. :D

I listened to this (and the debut) last weekend after the announcement. I don't think I haven't played it in years but it holds up wonderfully.

Samantha was the lead for good reason but Pretty Things In Life jumped out too.

The title track, Lifetime Guarantee and Both Sides stood out from the first album but it isn't nearly as strong overall.

It really hasn’t aged at all. It feels so fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom