M People

If finding a follow-up to Movin' On Up wasn't hard enough, M People also had the challenge of finding a male vocalist who was willing to get glandular fever just to match the husk of Heather Small on Don't Look Any Further. And they didn't - he was in the band already.

Before I make my "don't get Fresco with me" pun (oops - spoiler) we'll move on up to when M People were spooked enough by D:Ream that they heard Things Can Only Get Better and got to thinkin'. Cue the music:

If Red Nose day didn't show starving children with flies on their face with this song playing, then there was probably a royalties issue:

Strike me down, they sure do love their extended album plays and I am living for the orchestra, no flies detected. "A train arrives, but never leaves" - no lies detected.

Apparently Tracey Thorn was texting people "could you be dead?" for a right old laugh until Heather Small replied "at least alive" and that was that.

If chasing after the Corona sound was good enough for Ofra Haza and Dannii Minogue, it was good enough for M People (oh baby baby):

Still front-loading their albums with the killer singles though.

Love Rendezvous was Renaissance Part II for me, but it's fine.

Will check the remix package later, but since they skipped on finding a DJ to spruce up Just Have To Be There, I won't hold my breath.

I'll shoot straight to the Morales edit, but I love their own rendition anyway. A very successfully covered addition:

Kind of caps off where they reached their peak.

I’m here for it!

I can never decide if Heathers voice is actually any good though or just very unusual

I like M People, and Heather Small (and Proud, but it's not my favourite)
No-one talks about this one:

I quite like it 😊🎶

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom