Kate Bush - Army Dreamers

But Jesus Christ, he wasn’t to know…

• Total voters

VoRonika

Take it or leave it
Another viral hit on the horizon? :o

Always one of my favourites of hers. Hauntingly beautiful.

I love her more than life itself, but to me this is piddly nothing. Especially when compared to the TOWERING MAJESTY of so much of her work.

I love it so. The mother who has completely cracked, sung as if tucking in her little boy and the riffle effects reduced to a rubble of tweedle dee dee hums. Oh it's heartbreaking, really, yet so hummable and restraint. Never For Ever has the most incredible singles and Delius could have joined them. I mean, on a scale of 1 to Breathing, it's not at the 10, but on a level playing field it certainly is.

RIGHT UP THERE for me. I always loved mimicking the BATSHIT CHORUS when I was a boy.

I’ve always felt it suffers coming before Breathing on the tracklist, which is the context I’ve always heard it in.

The single cover is :disco: though

IMG_3572.jpeg

In school I wrote a short story that stole phrases and ideas from this song, it was highly praised by my teacher and I never gave Kate any credit :disco:

It's her #7 of all time on Spotify, with just over 37m streams. But on daily streams it's #2 behind RUTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom