Jury Duty (Amazon reality/comedy hybrid)

Funky

User
Anyone watching this?

I’m kind of obsessed.

The work that must have gone into this to set the stage for one innocent man who thought he was in a documentary, not a sitcom. I don’t think there’s ever been a docu-reality-comedy hybrid before has there? Not like scripted reality but two different shows happening simultaneously

The actors are fantastic - the perfect balance of the ridiculous and mundane. And James Marsden just having an absolute ball with this role.

And the central character reality guy is so sweet.

Highly recommended.

Anyone watching this?

I’m kind of obsessed.

The work that must have gone into this to set the stage for one innocent man who thought he was in a documentary, not a sitcom. I don’t think there’s ever been a docu-reality-comedy hybrid before has there? Not like scripted reality but two different shows happening simultaneously

The actors are fantastic - the perfect balance of the ridiculous and mundane. And James Marsden just having an absolute ball with this role.

And the central character reality guy is so sweet.

Highly recommended.

I am about half way through and it’s so brilliantly done

Agree on the main guy, so adorable

Imagine if he was a total cunt?

Oh I’ve never heard of that but yes that’s the format!

I am about half way through and it’s so brilliantly done

Agree on the main guy, so adorable

Imagine if he was a total cunt?

It would be a totally different show and maybe entertaining in a different, darker way, but he is in many ways a nice reassurance that good people exist. The way he protects the autistic fella and encourages him to be himself, and tries to navigate and dissolve tension among the cast. What a hun!

It took me a little while to vibe, but once you accept it for what it really is (more of the Office style mockumentary rather than the social experiment it's sold as) it's really enjoyable. The bailiff is far and away my favourite.

On episode 3 now. I didn’t realise Ronald was REAL!

How is everyone else keeping a straight face at some of this? :D

On episode 3 now. I didn’t realise Ronald was REAL!

How is everyone else keeping a straight face at some of this? :D

This is why I’m so impressed at the actors. To hold it together and keep it realistic but also entertaining is so great

I'm really enjoying this, I hope there is a whole behind the scenes afterwards as well, it would be fascinating

I am interested in this, it is an interesting premise and is very well received. What is the ads situation like on Freevee? I generally find streaming ads even more annoying than those on regular tv and I somewhat resent the idea of sitting through adverts on Amazon content when I pay them for prime.

I am interested in this, it is an interesting premise and is very well received. What is the ads situation like on Freevee? I generally find streaming ads even more annoying than those on regular tv and I somewhat resent the idea of sitting through adverts on Amazon content when I pay them for prime.
It's pissing me off, but they're about a minute long so not horrendous

Generally it's just the one ad break during the 30 min show and it lasts 90 seconds/2mins ish. And they have a timer in the corner letting you know. I've been watching the new Judge Judy programme a lot and never found it an issue.

The FreeVee ads have got a lot better. A few months ago they’d come mid-scene in films. Now they’re al lot shorter and better timed.

Going to finish this tonight, but I absolutely love Ronald! Genius casting from everyone all round.

I find FreeVee ads very infrequent, and it seems to depend which show you're watching. Nowhere near as bad as 4 or ITVx

The Korean board game :D

Ken just making it up as he goes along and stressing that he owes Ronald 20 grand… Ronald being a sweetheart about it makes it so much cuter, what a find he is

They really couldn’t have cast this any better, particularly finding Ronald out of all of the applicants. It just would’t work on the same level without him being so lovely. The Bug’s Life bit was so beautiful.

Finished this. Amazing, really enjoyed the pay off.

THERE IS A MAKING OF EPISODE!!!

OK I can rarely binge watch anything anymore because I don’t have the patience but I had to finish this tonight and what a payoff. Exactly the ending you’d want. What an amazing production to work on.

And Ronald in me now etc.

Shame that a season 2 would be so difficult to do.

OK I can rarely binge watch anything anymore because I don’t have the patience but I had to finish this tonight and what a payoff. Exactly the ending you’d want. What an amazing production to work on.

And Ronald in me now etc.

Shame that a season 2 would be so difficult to do.
Apparently they filmed this 2 years ago. Imagine if after editing, they managed to secretly get another one in the bag before the first one aired.

Very pleasing way to conclude.

Ronald is attractive in an all American boy kinda way. But what a charming young man, mother would be proud etc etc.

I did have my doubts if he wasn't just a jobbing actor, but his Instagram goes from multiple shots of solar panels to pictures with Ryan Gosling. Regardless he was clearly picked for having particular qualities.

I just finished this. Imagine how awful it would have been had they cast a crankier person.

It just a huge stroke of luck but I was really more stressed than anything just imagining how awful I would have been and how bad he might feel at the end (I guess the 100k helps).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom