Huge trove of Enya pics, videos, articles, etc. for download!

So, you like Enya? :D There are TONS of Enya pics, videos, articles, audio files etc. etc. for download here: www.enya.fyi

The files are in ZIPs and on a Google drive. The whole collection is 38 GB or so !! 🤯 That's mostly the videos. So be careful trying to download onto a phone, lol.

This stash has been collected and assembled by fans, for fans. Enjoy! 🥳

We'll have the notorious ENYACORE MAFIA here sooner than you can say Amarantine.

I think we need to warn members about ENYA BASED PONZI SCHEMES and RELATED MALWARE

I would download all if I had the storage 😅 Not a scam, there are some interesting artefacts there 💡
I know I've probably been posting quite a lot on the Enya forums in general, not sure if my contributions are particularly troublesome :unsure: but I really am a fan 💗 not a loud one, just with many thoughts from a relatively newer brain. 😶‍🌫️

Enya-Feet-616026.jpg

:horny:

Toes and rain

Disney TT, since you're going to Uni in the UK, can you get access to this 2013 dissertation about Enya? 👩‍🎓 🙏 I for one would love to read it!

A little more about Holly Kirby and Enya:

Sorry I can't find it, I have tried to look for it on these 'open dissertations' sites and the University of Surrey website, but her dissertation doesn't show up. Interesting she wrote about Enya for it. 😄
I'd probably heard of the show but knew next to nothing about Stars In Their Eyes on ITV until today..! Its original run apparently finished in 2006, and Holly Kirby, a blonde 15 year-old girl from the Isle of Wight (and probably well-off) cosplayed Enya, haha.

She was okay actually, though just 10 minutes recording vocals in a studio and 20 minutes trying on a costume is a laugh in comparison to what Enya would take.
It's strange to think she has a 5-6 year old daughter now (called Juno, like the keyboard?), while Enya as a person (and the trio) hasn't changed very much since the mid-2000s.

Anyway, I did find some things that might be a nice read 😊
Acouple of days ago I found this thesis from 2020 (mentions/references Enya and Clannad, though mostly The Corrs and that Runaway song 😆) and Celtic music in general, which was sort of interesting: https://eprints.dkit.ie/731/1/SCaffreyTHESIS.pdf 🎵

Then some random funny article from 2021 on remembering how Enya sold her saxophone and succeeded :D🎷

Waah, the space argument is silly, external memory is cheap these days. 64 GB costs less than keeping the site and files online for one month...
Probably is compared to before, but still costs something :eyes:and even as Enya fans, there are more important files people have to preserve (and phone photos/videos already take up a lot). Also, with the increased awareness and likeliness of being scammed now (online downloads, deliveries, phone calls, etc.) people want to know what they are getting, and even that might be unclear.
If people can't simply right-click and download (a process that can run in the background), they're not going to spend the time to go through galleries of thousands of files.
I would :) If you could get a glimpse what's there, you can skim through and select/organise whatever is preferred. Though they can't be downloaded, this Enya site has many photo thumbnails https://enya-music.jimdofree.com/. Pinterest also exists :thumbsup:
Neither I nor anyone else involved is going to spend the time setting up a full website with galleries. If someone else wants to do that, they're welcome to download everything and set up their own site.

So far I've seen more whining/whinging than thanks for this generous offering. Why invest more time into the project?
I remember you saying you didn't have the time to set up a site anyway, but you did, and I'm sure people are thankful for it, but busy.
If more thought "why invest more time into the project?" just because the response was lacking or seemingly negative, so many amazing inventions and creations would be missing from the world. :(
Enya was told her music wouldn't sell well (those early pieces for The Celts and Watermark, and her Frog Prince compositions got re-arranged).
Although she retreated away from others because of the criticism, she didn't give up, and continued the music she was working on. It sold very well, despite the odds. 😌
I think many seem to forget that aspect of her music and approach to it - the perseverance. 🌟

Also the fact that she's still around and (consider 2015 too) doesn't let ageism or a generally slow pace put her off creating new music and somehow progressing. That idea can apply to anyone, whatever projects they've contributed to in life, and anything for the future, even a legacy. 🤗🌠

Last edited:
Cute, but I suspect the story about selling the saxophone was one of the myths that have grown up over the years. Like the tale of cobbling together the studio console on the living room floor, lol. Here's Nicky's 1987 explanation of the first console (he uses the term "desk") used in Aigle Studio... http://enya.sk/2012/06/enya-the-latest-score/

Back to Enya.fyi... If you're trying to manage that amount of data on a phone, you're going to go nuts. There's no way all of that would have been ferreted out, collected, and organized on a phone, that's for sure! 😱

In this day and age, doesn't one need a desktop or laptop for school? Certainly for any sort of post-secondary education? 💻

Anyway, your efforts are in vain, there won't be a fancier site forthcoming (certainly not from me). Setting up the Enya.fyi site itself was quick, even for a noob such as myself. Plus I think I did it all during my abundant downtime at work, lol. The time spent setting up the site was approximately .00001% of the time spent collecting and organizing the material.

As for online safety, I trawled some very deep corners of the internet and used a number of sketchy downloading sites/tools while collecting stuff. That's what anti-virus programs are for. :wink: And if you end up with something unexpected (as happened a few times, lol), just delete it.

Reactions: COB
Of course I have a laptop (and use it more than the phone to look through large files) but I frequently get "storage running out" on my phone and having to transfer it onto there or a hard drive.
Fair enough about your site work. I was perhaps going a bit extra with the message yesterday 😅 but I do hope the main site enya.com might become more interesting again soon! 😇

See, there is value in colourised photos:
Proof I will collect (and freely share!) anything Enya-related...even dreaded colorized pics! :rofl:

P.S. Off-topic, but thanks so much for finding that Belfast Telegraph article about Bridin! I'd heard of this before but had no luck finding it myself, lol.

I wonder if Nicky told Bridin not to talk about her sister? I would have told him to get lost (or worse), but maybe Bridin is nicer than me. 😈 😆

Last edited:
P.S. Off-topic, but thanks so much for finding that Belfast Telegraph article about Bridin! I'd heard of this before but had no luck finding it myself, lol.
You're welcome :D
I wonder if Nicky told Bridin not to talk about her sister? I would have told him to get lost (or worse), but maybe Bridin is nicer than me. 😈 😆
Possibly (and that Brídín's nicer, haha). That reminds me of the article where Enya's brother Ciarán swears at him instead (when Nicky says that a collaboration between Ciarán and Enya will never happen in their studio). Do you have the link to that article again? 😅

Possibly (and that Brídín's nicer, haha). That reminds me of the article where Enya's brother Ciarán swears at him instead (when Nicky says that a collaboration between Ciarán and Enya will never happen in their studio). Do you have the link to that article again? 😅
Hey, you weren't supposed to agree that I'm not nice! 😛

Despite that, here's the link: The Beach Boy from Gweedore

Hey, you weren't supposed to agree that I'm not nice! 😛
😆
Brídín's nicer
Then again she could be more nice than Enya.
Thanks for the link 😊
Still actually agog we attracted a small but loyal Enya community.
😄 :enya:
The other forum site's main admin gets a bit dictatorial at times, and while I still post there, the community seems more lively here. :D

Last edited:
I really like these Enya photos from the time of Watermark ('88-'89) that have been emerging since 🤗

These re-emerged quite recently
hPk7jiL5EWM.jpg

That one's wonderfully clear for a non-AI adjusted picture :disco:🩷
X4gCN7Emy6Y.jpg

😊
This one (with the cut-off chair leg 😅) late last year
Story Pin image

:cool:

Yes, goodies have been slowly (re)appearing. Some day when the webmaster gets around to it, there will be another blog entry at Enya.fyi with a link to all the new stuff. 🦥

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom