Horrible places in London

Do they still call it BENDER IN A BUN?
“When we experimented with changing its name to a ‘Frankfurter in a bun’ in the late 1990s, there was such an outcry we had to reinstate it!”

My nearest Wimpy appears to be in Huddersfield.

Reactions: Zu
tumblr_mwb1hpX4w61t197lko1_640.jpg

I was in there once and they claimed not to sell lighters

OH FUCK OFF

Hurrah for Zu 2 not falling out of POTW next week :disco:

I have nothing really to add, other than wondering what LEE is like these days. I had a friend who studied at Goldsmiths who I spent a couple of weekends with living there, and I remember it being utterly horrid, although I was quite taken with the Army and Navy store.

Actually Haggerston station is fucking horrible as well. Why is there so much unused space? Are they going to create an IMPROMPTU ICE RINK?

4178923_b714e9ab.jpg

Actually Haggerston station is fucking horrible as well. Why is there so much unused space? Are they going to create an IMPROMPTU ICE RINK?

4178923_b714e9ab.jpg
It is SPACIOUS and AIRY, like the ANGEL SOUTHBOUND PLATFORM :evil:

Hurrah for Zu 2 not falling out of POTW next week :disco:

I have nothing really to add, other than wondering what LEE is like these days. I had a friend who studied at Goldsmiths who I spent a couple of weekends with living there, and I remember it being utterly horrid, although I was quite taken with the Army and Navy store.
I always think that the name LEE is a bit unpromising as a place name, with apologies to any Lounge Lees. I have a friend who lives there. Apparently the local butcher is full of FANCY A BIG ONE filth while he’s waving the sausages around so there is at least that on offer

:evil: Well we could EASILY have a LOVELY PLACES IN LONDON thread TOO, but that would be much less FUN!

It is SPACIOUS and AIRY, like the ANGEL SOUTHBOUND PLATFORM :evil:
And UTTERLY POINTLESS! At least the admittedly bizarrely wide southbound platform at Angel means you can treat everyone to the ‘Human Frontier’ dance routine AND stay safely away from the edge to prevent people pushing you onto the tracks. I mean it’s ALWAYS happening!

The Walworth Road Morrisons is FINE these days. It's certainly had WORSE TIMES IN THE PAST though
It was the first Morrisons I ever saw in London. Unfortunately the self service checkouts at the time felt like they were being operated on Windows 3.1. I’m not even exaggerating as one had crashed and the interface on the screen was the same.

And UTTERLY POINTLESS! At least the admittedly bizarrely wide southbound platform at Angel means you can treat everyone to the ‘Human Frontier’ dance routine AND stay safely away from the edge to prevent people pushing you onto the tracks. I mean it’s ALWAYS happening!
I get BORED DURING RUSH HOUR! It LIVENS THINGS UP!

• BOOM BOOM
talk of Wimpy though and I would like to recommend the lovely one in Teddington. It’s been there probably since the 70s and still going strong.

Tescos in Central London are STRICTLY for buying snacks and/or illegal booze for your journey home after a night out.

I went to a Tesco in VERY CENTRAL LONDON the other week. I feel like it was Westminster. It was one short narrow aisle, squeezed into the side of a building.

DREADFUL.
Oh God yes, the one near Westminster station. APPALLING

I always feel approaching London from the west on the train is dreadfully dull. Until you get to Trellick tower there is nothing of interest. By road is slightly better, I suppose.

I imagine coming from THE FAR EAST (i.e. outside zone two) must be far more LOUCHE :disco:

I always feel approaching London from the west on the train is dreadfully dull. Until you get to Trellick tower there is nothing of interest. By road is slightly better, I suppose.

I imagine coming from THE FAR EAST (i.e. outside zone two) must be far more LOUCHE :disco:
Well not really because you have to go through awful places in Essex like BARKING :tongueout:

Well, we get the Olympic Stadium virtually next to the track and then the city skyline, but also the back streets of unnamed parts of the East End.

Back in the day it was really dismal. I remember a burnt out train carriage sat on the sidings near Stratford being there for about three years. And that was the NICE BIT of Stratford.

I'd like to know if any train has ever stopped at Maryland.

Well, we get the Olympic Stadium virtually next to the track and then the city skyline, but also the back streets of unnamed parts of the East End.

Back in the day it was really dismal. I remember a burnt out train carriage sat on the sidings near Stratford being there for about three years. And that was the NICE BIT of Stratford.

They do stop there and I know because I once got the train from there back to Liverpool Street having been to that lovely ‘E15 Club’ sauna with the dirty carpets, armchairs from dead Nana’s parlour and torn pictures from Him magazine Blu-Tacked to the walls. God it was GRUBBY

I once got the train there for WORK. There’s a textile warehouse nearby,

Also I’m sure there is a GROTTY SAUNA there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom