Friends Reunion

So an interview? Ugh, who cares?

I love Friends and still occasionally have it on in the background, but leave it where it belongs. I feel for the cast too as they’re always being asked about a reunion that everyone knows will never be the same.

Last edited:
I imagine it will just be an hour of them sitting around chatting (presumably in a Central Perk setting).

And reading that article, it's just to promote yet another streaming service, so thankfully it sounds like a one off thing that will soon be forgotten.

It's amazing the almost universal giddy response on Twitter and FB and come on here and we don't give a fuck. Are we the last purveyors of sense and good taste?

I actually can’t believe they are getting 2.5 million EACH for this gash

I love Friends :)

Not particularly ECSTATIC about a reboot, though. If anything, I think it went for 2-3 seasons too long. However, I don't see what's wrong with a one-off reunion show.

It's amazing the almost universal giddy response on Twitter and FB and come on here and we don't give a fuck. Are we the last purveyors of sense and good taste?

That and we’re old. Friends is a hit with the kids. Which is why they’re making silly money to launch a streaming service.

I don’t think I’ve ever come across anyone so invested in hating Friends as some of you here. People usually like it or just don’t care. I’m definitely on the like side, but I’m not particularly excited about this.

That and we’re old. Friends is a hit with the kids. Which is why they’re making silly money to launch a streaming service.
Isn’t it actually the people who were kids when Friends came out (who are old now) who are the most excited about this?

Season 5 was the peak for me. Rachel in particular had a huge turnaround.

Always loved Friends so I'll watch this. I don't expect it will be much, especially given the hype, but why not?

This will be worse than The Inbetweeners thing that Channel 4 did that pissed off all their fans.

This will be worse than The Inbetweeners thing that Channel 4 did that pissed off all their fans.

hopefully it will so they can shut up about it. Friends' fans make my blood boil. I swear about 50 people I follow on IG were sharing the same fucking post, as if it were unknown obscure news; some of us just don't give a flying piss about that fucking show.

I got pulled up at work thanks to that show...

They've been redesigning some of the "breakout" areas i.e. wee lounge bits where you can have yr lunch, a coffee and a chinwag. One of them has been made into a quiet zone with genuine success so props to whoever had that idea and to the floor who, effectively, lost their area for being stand-up about it. On one floor, they put in a telly and some DVDs including the first 3 seasons of Friends. I commented "oh good, just the homophobic and fat-shaming years then rather than the transphobic ones". I was half-kidding, half-prodding-the-carcass. I was quietly asked by one of the coordinators to STFU. I replied by asking if they wanted my Father Ted DVDs since I no longer required them. she got halfway through a genuine, grateful response before twigging and stomping off. :D

It causes me physical pain to see how many locals think this is going to involve new episodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom