Eurovision 2024: Semi Two - Who Will Qualify?

CHOOSE TEN

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Started as the easier semi on paper, but it's turned out to potentially be quite competitive!

Albania: Besa - Titan
Armenia: Ladaniva - Jako
Austria: Kaleen - We Will Rave
Belgium: Mustii - Before The Party’s Over
Czechia: Aiko - Pedestal
Denmark: Saba - Sand
Estonia: 5miinust and Puuluup - (Nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi
Georgia: Nutsa Buzaladze - Fire Fighter
Greece: Marina Satti - Zari
Israel: Eden Golan - Hurricane
Latvia: Dons - Hollow
Malta: Sarah Bonnici - Loop
Netherlands: Joost Klein - Europapa
Norway: Gåte - Ulveham
San Marino: Megara - 11:11
Switzerland: Nemo - The Code

Unless there's a Halo-esque vocal/staging disaster, I think these seven are looking pretty safe:

Netherlands
Switzerland
Greece
Israel
Belgium
Austria
Armenia

Then it's basically a dogfight for the remaining three slots. I could see a world where any of them make it.

Norway (Probably should be slotted in as safe with the top seven, but I do think the fans are overrating it a bit)
Malta
Georgia
----
Denmark
Latvia
Estonia
Czechia
San Marino
Albania

Nailed on
Netherlands (I’d be surprised if this didn’t win the semi tbh)
Austria
Belgium

Likely
Norway
Switzerland
Georgia
Greece
Armenia

Borderline
Denmark
Israel
———————
Malta
Estonia
Albania
Czechia

No chance
Latvia
San Marino

The San Marino song really isn't BAD, I just wonder to what extent people will be a bit BEWILDERED by it. :D

But maybe joe public will just assume they're a little rock-loving island off the coast of Benidorm and think nothing of it.

Omg imagine if they’d sent Loredana, she’d have SAILED through :disco:

• Sad
Reactions: VoR
I'll be noting those who don't vote Malta and following up with them individually.

I think other than the 10 I've voted for, the rest are pretty much dead on arrival with the exception maybe of Latvia on the expense of Estonia.

DEFINITELY

Norway
Switzerland
Austria
Netherlands
Belgium

LIKELY

Greece
Armenia
Israel

BORDERLINE

Georgia
Estonia

—-

Czechia
Malta
Denmark
Albania

NO CHANCE

San Marino
Latvia

Surprised to be the only one (so far) to pick Albania - I don't think it's certain, but in a tiny semi they have guaranteed high points from Italy, Switzerland, Austria and Greece and last year the ROTW vote gave them 12 in the semi and 6 in the final, no doubt due to Kosovo, Macedonia and Montenegro making up a huge number of the votes cast there. That's enough for ~45-50 points already, which often is enough to qualify.

I'm surprised about Belgium doing so well, I don't think the song is very liked is it ? I could see it flopping like in 2018 and 2019...

I also think Denmark is safer than the consensus here and I wouldn't rule Latvia out either, it's quite different from the rest.

Any chances of Armenia and Greece cancelling each other ?

There have been 0 pointers in the semis (televoting-wise) for years now: Romania & San Marino in 2023; Azerbaijan in 2022; Czechia in 2021; Austria in 2019; Iceland in 2018 - you have to go back to 2017 for the last time there wasn't one. I feel like Czechia are in danger of that fate again this year, short of a surprisingly good performance

There have been 0 pointers in the semis (televoting-wise) for years now: Romania & San Marino in 2023; Azerbaijan in 2022; Czechia in 2021; Austria in 2019; Iceland in 2018 - you have to go back to 2017 for the last time there wasn't one. I feel like Czechia are in danger of that fate again this year, short of a surprisingly good performance
OMG I actually think this year it could end up being IRELAND

Confirmed running order:

1. Malta
2. Albania
3. Greece
4. Switzerland
5. Czechia

France

6. Austria
7. Denmark
8. Armenia
9. Latvia

Spain

10. San Marino
11. Georgia
12. Belgium
13. Estonia

Italy

14. Israel
15. Norway
16. Netherlands

Last edited:
If we thought Aiko sounded bad at the selection, I wonder how she'll sound sandwiched between two of the best vocalists of the year :basil:

Cyprus and Malta really both OPENERS FOR THE AGES / hysterical in how transparently motivated both picks are by the same identical "oh THIS bit of throwaway nonsense should get those HORDES OF UNCULTURED HOMOSEXUALS BARKING TO START THE SHOW" instinct :D

Also is this the most OBNOXIOUS semi EVER? I'd made it up to Georgia in that recap video at the point I found myself wondering "must EVERYONE in this semi INSIST ON SHOUTING". The look on my face as I discovered that had all merely been hors d'oeuvres for what awaited me from the next five songs :disco:

Qualification odds

1712228388036.png

I’m sure the song is strong enough to carry it through but Belgium’s vocal and performance at the pre-party was very

:ToneNervous:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom