Enya quotes & quips

That's a surprise - you're welcome :D I thought you'd seen it since you had the photo
I received the photo directly from someone who told me it was from 2007. So, nope, I hadn't seen that magazine page (or at least don't remember it!).
I suppose it was that she visited the studio again in 2008, and the photo was 2007.
I made that comment because the studio album that became AWC was supposed to be a Christmas album and was expected to be released in 2007. For example, she says it herself near the end of this 2006 Japanese interview.

More of a response than a quote, Enya being told that it sounds like she'd be a great DJ! :enya::dj:
:D "Thatโ€™s a big compliment, but Iโ€™d really be in tune with what the people enjoy to hear and set a particular atmosphere. Itโ€™s very difficult, if you play a little bit of classical music, itโ€™s really a grand sort of feeling. Then you start to go into Halloween party with Michael Jackson, that sets a fun sort of scene, Ghostbusters or something like that, if I was the DJ." ~ Enya, 2016
https://www.forbes.com/sites/passio...ature-of-fame-and-how-to-control-your-career/ :thumbsup: ๐ŸŽต

Speaking of Halloween parties, here's a teaser: there's a fun photo in the pics archive at Enya.fyi :whistle: (I'm not referring to any pic taken at Leo's. :wink:)

I guess no one has dug too deep, or at any rate I haven't yet seen it shared in any corner of the internet that I frequent!

Speaking of Halloween parties, here's a teaser: there's a fun photo in the pics archive at Enya.fyi :whistle: (I'm not referring to any pic taken at Leo's. :wink:)

I guess no one has dug too deep, or at any rate I haven't yet seen it shared in any corner of the internet that I frequent!
I have seen some party-like photos about where Enya appears, but not sure if about seeing a Halloween one, haha.

Most probably donโ€™t have the storage space to download those ๐Ÿ˜…
Would it be possible for you to add a thumbnail preview for the files of each folder rather than a huge ZIP file?

From 2015, this Buzzfeed interview (lots of quotes to to choose from, but here :D)
"Oh, is it Friday?" ~ Enya, 2015

Last edited:
Most probably donโ€™t have the storage space to download those ๐Ÿ˜…
Would it be possible for you to add a thumbnail preview for the files of each folder rather than a huge ZIP file?
Waah, the space argument is silly, external memory is cheap these days. 64 GB costs less than keeping the site and files online for one month...

Neither I nor anyone else involved is going to spend the time setting up a full website with galleries. If someone else wants to do that, they're welcome to download everything and set up their own site.

So far I've seen more whining/whinging than thanks for this generous offering. Why invest more time into the project? If people can't simply right-click and download (a process that can run in the background), they're not going to spend the time to go through galleries of thousands of files.

Waiting for anyone to show off the new Box of Dreams vinyl release :D ๐ŸŒŸ
In the meantime, I revisited these lovely liner notes
There is this note in Irish which I think might have been from Eithne:
[On most sites, this translates to : "To everyone who allowed me into your life forever.โ›ค" ]
Do gach duine a thug cead dom isteah i do shaoil go maiream a cheil.โ›ค ~ Enya, 1997
๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒ 

Waiting for anyone to show off the new Box of Dreams vinyl release :D ๐ŸŒŸ
There are pics on Facebook. Definitely in the "Enya Fans" group (private, but should be easy to join). Also in the "Enya the Collectors" group (might be harder to join).

Included are these cryptic messages from Eithne and Nicky Ryan. Which of course the optimistic interpret to mean a new studio album is coming this year. While others note they're quite vague and open to interpretation.

In particular, Nicky only talks about plans or hopes to do things (including a new album), and says nothing about what they're currently doing. Nor about what the heck they've been doing for the last 7+ years. o_O O_o o.O O.o

There is this note in Irish which I think might have been from Eithne:
[On most sites, this translates to : "To everyone who allowed me into your life forever.โ›ค" ]

I asked a native Irish speaker, and here's how he translated it: "To everyone who was so kind as to let me into your lives may we always stay together."

The last part (specifically, "go maiream a cheil") however is somewhat open to interpretation.

There are pics on Facebook. Definitely in the "Enya Fans" group (private, but should be easy to join). Also in the "Enya the Collectors" group (might be harder to join).
Ah okay, I saw a few on Twitter, and a few hours after this upload I was spending a while looking through Roma's notes ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ”ฎ

I asked a native Irish speaker, and here's how he translated it: "To everyone who was so kind as to let me into your lives may we always stay together."

The last part (specifically, "go maiream a cheil") however is somewhat open to interpretation.
Nice ๐Ÿ˜Š
"We will meet soon" seems the most frequent translation (and the video states it as "we will be coming together soon") but some were saying we will be meeting together, without [a stomach/a melody/a delay] :rofl:
How would they translate the newer note from Enya, is it what you added to the image?
Beidh muid ag teacht le chรฉile gan mhoile. ~Enya, 2023
:)๐Ÿคž

Last edited:
Happy heavenly birthday Diana ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’ญ
giizs3txkgb81.jpg

๐Ÿ’• ~ Enya, 2009

How would they translate the newer note from Enya, is it what you added to the image?
Right.

The statement from the 1997 CD release makes me sigh. In particular, the "may we always stay together" part. They had all of us together on the Unity forum (official discussion forum on Enya.com). But they closed that in February 2019. :sad:

Worse, the messages, especially the ones from Eithne and Nicky, sure have a note of finality about them. The messages are visible online here and a few other zombie sites: http://thecityofdays.com/

Trivia: Back in the day, there were widespread rumors that a "mรฉnage ร  trois" was going on among the trio. There are a few articles mentioning this, in the document trove on Enya.fyi. ๐Ÿค”

Trivia: Back in the day, there were widespread rumors that a "mรฉnage ร  trois" was going on among the trio. There are a few articles mentioning this, in the document trove on Enya.fyi. ๐Ÿค”
I remember @Zu mentioned this, and @Marilyn about the 'throuple' and related terms to draw Enya fans to Moopy, it worked :D
Well, maybe they were a bit closer than best friends, polyamorous? Still, I don't think Enya was that close, more like a friend who came and stayed and was like an aunt to the Ryan couple's daughters. :)

So many throughout this wonderful interview:

๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ’

Also:

๐Ÿคฉ The 1,000th post on the Moopy subforum for Enya! ๐ŸŽ‰

"Really?! That's incredible!" ~ Enya, 1989

:enya: ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿฅฐ

"I'm a perfectionist" -- Enya, in several interviews over the years.

Nicky has also been quoted describing himself as a perfectionist. I assume, then, that neither were involved in the making of the recent watch party video... ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

was reminded of Jay and Aliona,

Enya, from this, 2015:
โ€˜Jay [McGuiness] did that fantastic dance early on but then they told him he was terrible the next week. But Iโ€™m constantly surprised at just how high the standard of dancing is.'

'Iโ€™m a secret dancer โ€“ and Iโ€™m a big fan of Strictly.
[...] I donโ€™t know if I could do the show, although I would adore to learn the Argentine tango.โ€™
๐Ÿค—

Come on Enya, do the Christmas special one year! ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿปโœจ

๏ธ

This 1989 or so interview called 'Enya: In Her Own Words'
about music of course, going to the recording studio whilst not wanting to, life growing up in Donegal, at boarding school, different languages, travelling, bad hotel service, misleading press, stubbornness, cats, black-and-white films, not considering herself as a popstar, and more. :grin: ๐ŸŽถ
:enya:
On Spotify (~45 minutes)

And I found it on YouTube as little clips, and put it in order below :)

There are lots of interesting quotes she has, but I quite like this one from the 'Glam and Glitz' clip
"Like for me, I'm 28, so I don't see anything changing me dramatically at this stage. I know what I like, I know what I dislike, I know what I want to do and I know what I don't want to do, y'know what I mean?" ~ Enya, 1989
:enya: I wonder what Enya would say now?
Probably the same.
:thumbsup:

J302P6P.jpg

~Enya, 1988 (35 years ago today) โ˜บ๏ธ

This one :grin: :

She did look a bit nervous at times; a collage could be made of the facial expressions Enya has, just from this video ๐Ÿ˜…

Some key quotes :D
"Not Anya, Enya"
"with a nice glass of dry white wine"
"Kid sister syndrome"

The shy "no" about expecting the success too ๐Ÿค—

Last edited:
JF5qTtn.jpg

~Enya, 1988 (35 years ago today)๏ธ๐Ÿš™โœˆ๏ธ๏ธโ›ต๏ธ๐Ÿ“ˆ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ˜

Reminds me of this song which ought to credit Enya โ˜บ๏ธ๐ŸŽผ "moving at the speed of sound, with my head up in the clouds..."

Last edited:
Solitude, solace ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ“

JKbQnBp.jpg

~Enya, 1988 (35 years ago today) ๐Ÿ˜Œ

I've not been in the news, recorded a single, nor had any particularly exciting times recently, but otherwise I can relate to this. ๐Ÿ˜…
:enya:

Jq5D2dG.jpg

~Enya, 1988 (35 years ago today) ๐Ÿค—

๐ŸŽ„โณ๏ธ๐Ÿ•Š:grin:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom