Emmerdale 2022

POOR MANPREET. I LOVE Evil Meena but I think her run of terror may be coming to an end?

Malandra Burrows who played Kathy Glover has breast cancer :( Wishing her all the best x

• Sad
Reactions: COB
Having not bothered for a few years I've forced myself to get back into it recently ready for anniversary week. Seems to be a lot of awful storytelling and deadwood on display but I think I'm up to speed now.

I'm mostly excited for the storm but I have deep reservations - mostly it's supposed to bring death and destruction etc etc, but the fact it's set during the DAY with no rain whatsoever and just a bit of WIND is ringing alarm bells. Is the budget just not there anymore? The total non-drama of every picture released so far is quite funny, I just really really hope they're holding stuff back for a surprise and it's not a total flop...

Of course scheduling for Sunday against Strictly seems a sure fire way to bury it too :manson:

Though I'm quite looking forward to this never before seen stunt they've just released:

Moira's cows get spooked by the wind and go on a village STAMPEDE with multiple casualties, which involves a fake cow head and cow POV

:D

The production is giving Neighbours Plane Crash vibes

*actors sit in seats and shake about*

It'll be mortifying if they fuck this up. Given how good some previous stunts have been, including the storm/siege 9 years ago with actual rain and stuff, what excuse is there to balls up your 50th? :greta:

It's been 17 years and the NEIGHBOURS SWIMMING POOL OF DOOM still gets brought up a lot between me and my friends :D
Brilliant television!

'No Serena, don't inflate your life-jacket yet!'

Yeah that was pretty spot-on. The last two episodes were so sad and beautifully done. Faith can be a bit of a pantomime character but the actress was magnificent this week

I'm not sure how we're jumping from this to a KILLER BREEZE in just two episodes mind :D

Chas' lips are ridiculously distracting.

Well the anniversary episode is literally the next one and all that's been mentioned is "it's just a bit of wind" and "I'll check the forecast". I'm guessing at this rate the storm - which I'm increasingly feeling is going to be awful television - starts whipping up right at the end before the horror of a few overturned chairs takes place

Happy 50th Emmerdale! 🥳

emmerdale 50.jpg

Reactions: COB
That was a lovely nod to the first episode.

All those graves though :D Probably only 5% of all village deaths

I love that it's a very clear sunny day but apparent destruction is looming.

Priya probably a shock goner then with that line.

Well...that was passable. For a 50th they could have gone some, the 40th was better, as was the storm/siege in 2013 but it wasn't completely awful

Some of the filming angles were great and seemed more shall we say FILMY than the usual episodes, the nods to the first episode, Kim taking centre stage (and on horse!) and some of the background drama not being forgotten like Cain/Moira. And that ending was quite thrilling with Harriet's Final Destination run of near misses ( probably dead now).

But the storm not having rain definitely cheapens it and feels like a budget issue. And the fact it came out of absolutely nowhere as expected! It's a bit jarring seeing them flailing about in front of a wind machine when there are trees not moving an inch in the background :D Worse was Amelia who was fucking terrible in this episode and of course finding her way up a hill in bad weather for no reason.

Looking forward to the rest of the week as there's a few more stunts and characters in extreme breeze peril to come :eyes: And there's no way they're killing Kim.

Very funny episode tonight. A list of highlights:

Al taking Chas to hospital but not bothering with Kerry.

Wind strong enough to blow a table into Chas but plastic pumpkins rooted firmly into David's stall.

Cow cam!

Nate being trampled by cows and emerging unscathed.

Sam leapfrogging over the bales.

ICONIC. :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom