Echoes in Rain

Here comes another new poll (ah ah ah ah ah ah ahhhh)

• Total voters

Finn

User
Pronouns
he/him
Enya's 2015 comeback single. Written off by some as an inspiration-free and derivative retread of Orinocho Flow, which is probably true, but I still think it's marvellous.

But WHAT DO YOU THINK?

It's an objective 4/10

But it's elevated with 3 bonus points for being utterly DERIVATIVE and therefore exactly what we want from Madame

It's then elevated by another 3 bonus points for the video moments where Madame looks utterly TERRIFIED but still bravely attempts DANCE. (i.e. very subtly swaying on the spot as she "alle alle alle lujas"). Of course it's entirely possible that she wasn't attempting dance at all, and had just become dizzy after a particular intense nude treadmill session.

Plus one final bonus point for sending me to sleep.

11/10

Echoes In Rain thread v.2 ! :grin:

I was listening to this song on loop for around 10 minutes, earlier today :D ๐ŸŽต

One of my favourite Enya songs ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒŸ
Composition-wise it's a bit simple, until the piano bridge :disco: ๐ŸŽน

The single should have made it into the charts :eyes: (but Dark Sky Island at #4 in the album charts was rather good!)

Enya even performed this song fully live :enya:

๐Ÿฅฐ๐ŸŽถ

I also like how towards the end Kelly points out someone/a camera, Enya is saying "wow", a bit lost in thought, then she realises "oh sorry..!" ๐Ÿ˜… and waves properly with a smile ๐Ÿ˜Š

As for the remixes, my favourite is this underrated one:

๐Ÿช„

I donโ€™t remember anyone accusing Echoes In Rain of being a derivative retread of Orinocho [very fucking sic] Flow but suit yourself

:hostage:

The best single of 2015 and possibly since.
:disco: SOME CUNTS might be minded to remember that this single was where the MUCH-LOVED THREAD started, which provided us with an opportunity for genuine stanning and humorous absurdity rather than being disrespectful and not even bothering to spell things correctly

:enya:

:evil:

THIS CUNT would like to point out to OTHER CUNTS that this is a perfectly standard reappraisal thread, to allow the good people of Moopy to rate Echoes in Rain 8 years on.

This cunt has also now learnt how to spell Orinoco, and would like to thank other cunts for bringing this to his attention.

Oh no! BAD VIBES in the ENYA FORUM! I'd like to remind everyone that this forum is a HAVEN OF SERENITY and LOVELINESS where there is NEVER A HARSH WORD. Just like this whole WEBSITE in fact where everyone is SIMPLY LOVELY at ALL TIMES
:D Oh darling yes, some REAL CHARMERS :disco:

Where Gala said:
"And they say silver, I choose gold, whoa-ohh-oh/I've never done as I've been told"
Enya went one further and sang:
"Into the wind/I throw the night/Silver and gold/Turn into light"
:disco:

๐ŸŒฌ๐ŸŒŒ๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿช„๐ŸŒŸ

• Love
Reactions: COB
Bit of a shaky vocal there EN, by this point anyone would think she's a SEASONED performer but she gives the impression she doesn't even dance around her huge castle in front of her mirrors (fully nude obvs) using a hairbrush as a mic.

Last edited:
Bit of a shaky vocal there EN, by this point anyone would think she's a SEASONED performer but she gives the impression she doesn't even dance around her huge castle, dancing in front of her mirrors (fully nude) using a hairbrush as a mic.
The live vocals are always SHAKY. Sheโ€™s too busy feeding the cats to REHEARSE!

This is quite poor but itโ€™s not nice to judge :)

I mean sheโ€™s OBVIOUSLY TERRIFIED!

HUGS FOR ENYA

Poor Enya is always frightened of being accused of reworking BORINICO FLOWโ€™S (SAIL AWAY) when sheโ€™s performing live

I'd say her live singing is still good despite the nervousness - no forgotten lyrics, and mostly in tune ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿค—

This is possibly the latest live vocal performance by Enya so far:

Iโ€™m actually not at all averse to her live vocals - the warbling and visible terror add quite the edge and make for quite an experience :disco:

Iโ€™m actually not at all averse to her live vocals - the warbling and visible terror adds quite the edge and makes for quite an experience :disco:
Oh God can you imagine the mumbling and wobbly vocals if she were on The Masked Singer
Live vocals and full costume, now that would be quite an experience ๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸŽถ:enya:

โ€œAlso you did promise to DANCE LIKE BEYONCร‰ and all weโ€™re getting is LEWIS CAPALDI!โ€

We know youโ€™re dressed as a panda
I did briefly think in 2022 that Panda (Natalie Imbruglia) could've been Enya ๐Ÿ˜† from some of the clues, the aesthetic perhaps, but not the singing voice ๐Ÿ˜…

Stage Sitting GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

The two lies and a truth in particular: You could say something about her was โ€˜elf-likeโ€™ / Sheโ€™s made her name in footwear / Sheโ€™s not old fashioned โ€“ sheโ€™s โ€˜thoroughly modernโ€™ (From this)

"all weโ€™re getting is LEWIS CAPALDI!โ€
Poor him ๐Ÿ˜…
Enya does kind of dance though :D

I kind of imagine Enya dancing like this too ๐Ÿ˜„

I'd say her live singing is still good despite the nervousness - no forgotten lyrics, and mostly in tune ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿค—
Setting the bar rather low, aren't we? :tongueout:

This is possibly the latest live vocal performance by Enya so far:
Correct, March 14, 2016. The same day the fun Huffington Post interview was filmed.

Her last performance (lip-synched) AND last sit-down interview was the Christmas Carols from Cork show broadcast on Christmas Eve 2016.

Her last public appearance as Enya was in February 2017, at the Grammys. (Unless you count the June 2021 fundraiser in Donegal, but it looks as if she simply dropped in with Moya, and her presence wasn't advertised in advance.)

Echoes in rain, drifting in waves, long journey home*, never too late

where home = England :england: โšฝ
(Do you think Enya's watching the football? I kind of think she'd support Spain.. :eyes: but from me, good luck to the Lionesses! :grin:)

Edit: never mind ๐Ÿ™
Oh well, it's still a long journey home leaving Australia back to England anyway..
. ๐Ÿ˜… ๐Ÿซฅ

Last edited:
Very fitting for today :D โ˜”๏ธ
JG9luPs.jpg

:enya:
I listen to this song most days, rainy or not :laugh:
Almost 3 years since I first heard it ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿฉต๐ŸŽถ

I had a very vivid and detailed dream the other night that she went on tour. The tickets were ยฃ12 and it was just a lot of Irish dancing to her songs, and everybody was wondering where Enya actually WAS and then I spotted her in the corner playing the piano. She then did a meet and greet signing afterwards where she just wrote โ€œMay It Beโ€ on everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom