Eastenders 2022

Sharon's beret really tickles me

5e42d652250000550033d718.jpeg

Quite tense scenes tonight! I'd have quite liked more of that, they should have made it a two-hander.

Interesting that they're actually making that change, hopefully every episode at 7:30 makes it less likely they'll get moved for sports etc. And Doctors getting a BBC2 evening slot :shock:

‘It’s no longer about the overnight ratings because they don’t reflect the true picture of who is tuning in,’ the insider continued. ‘You only have to look at the numbers watching EastEnders on iPlayer, the figures are pretty incredible.’

I mean the figures AREN'T 'incredible' on iPlayer, but they are better than Emmerdale's. 60% of EastEnders viewing is still live, compared to 72% for both Emmerdale and Coronation St. But it's comfortably below 50% for The Apprentice, Death In Paradise and This Is Going To Hurt. Even Call The Midwife performs slightly better on iPlayer in terms of percentage, and nearly double in terms of number of viewers.

Following them bigging up EastEnders total number of iPlayer views at the end of last year (while not mentioning the sheer number of episodes more it had than what they were comparing it to), I really do think they are trying to spin it into appearing far more successful than it actually is.

Just caught up with tonight. Ooooohh! But I want Tina’s body found before anything happens to Gray, and will the truth about Kush ever be uncovered?

I’m rather bored of this “hurt someone in self defence but then go on the run from the police to make yourself look guilty” TV trope.

Also I know it wouldn’t stand up in court, but since Kheerat was going round there to coerce a confession from Gray, he should have been recording the conversation which would have at least exonerated him.

Do we think he'll tell Stacey about what's been going on? It's about time for more people to be in on it.

That's true, and it would've meant there could've been a bit more of a question mark over whose body it was - whereas the previous reveal made it very clear it was Tina.

Of course it all ends in a whodunnit… because why wouldn’t it.

The new set is on screen from Monday apparently, here's a piece about it from The One Show:

I wonder if they'll actually be filming all the house interior scenes in these new buildings? Filming inside 'real' houses would give things a different look, but I expect it would be quite restrictive.

I think the interior scenes will still be filmed in the studio, but they’ve done proper hallways now to make those doorway scenes easier and build proper back yards and so on.

Noticed that there was an exterior police station scene that was actually filmed on location last week as opposed to the regular Walford police station so I’d imagine a lot of the outdoor set has been migrating over to the new one.

Chart to follow, but EastEnders is definitely beginning to build its audience again. It was only a couple of weeks ago that the top show of the week tipped over 4m for the first time in a while. This week the top episode got 4.305m, although I think the average will still be narrowly below 4m.

Reactions: COB
I almost swear the BBC constantly screwing with the schedules has also affected the figures. On at different times on different days all the time. Now they’ve finally got it fixed in a big story week, it might pick up again.

They're really using that new set, I'm sure we've never seen anyone using that route Kheerat took through the alley and out next to the gym before :o

And yes, it's heating up now. That scene where Whitney talked about prison being proper justice gives me some hope that Gray being killed is misdirection and he will end up getting sent down, but we'll see :eyes:

I'm not sure we really need this stuff about Rocky looking for a new job this week :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom