Dua Lipa — Illusion + Radical Optimism

Worth remembering at this point that she is HEADLINING GLASTONBURY.

That really could go either way, eh?

Yeah, I mean I don’t think it’s over, far from it. Her music continues to be radio friendly and so will appear to basic listeners who just want simple melodies and easy sing-a-longs (which is achieved through her narrow range and lifeless vocals). I don’t think the performance is too terrible?

It’s just worse. The stars aligned with her last era but it very rarely lasts forever

Her music continues to be radio friendly and so will appear to basic listeners who just want simple melodies and easy sing-a-longs (which is achieved through her narrow range and lifeless vocals).
:D:D:disco:

Was Argyle not a massive flop? I did see tweets suggesting it was almost heroically shit.

my god for somebody you all have apparent disdain for you simply cannot stop talking about her!!! I guess you're that bitch when... etc etc.

Now that we're all u-turning on Massive Lipa, can we also now all concede that One Kiss was FLIMSY ASSDRIVEL rather than the sultry gem people pretend it was

my god for somebody you all have apparent disdain for you simply cannot stop talking about her!!! I guess you're that bitch when... etc etc.
IMG_6080.gif

It was always going to be near impossible to top the one-two punch of "Don't Start Now" and "Physical". They were so strong and relaunched her as a top tier popstar whilst also being two completely different styles of song. It set up that era perfectly in terms of what to expect from the album.

I don't mind Houdini or Training Season but that's the problem, "not minding" just means I'm happy for them to be passively there, I'd rarely seek them out. They sound like album tracks.

It's baffling how her own record company forgot that her biggest hits so far: New Rules, Levitating, One Kiss and Don't Start Now became huge smashes because they were different from everything else going on at the time and together they don't sound anything like each other. I feel the latest three are very samey; they could easily be remixed in a medley and most people wouldn't tell them apart.:(

Now that we're all u-turning on Massive Lipa, can we also now all concede that One Kiss was FLIMSY ASSDRIVEL rather than the sultry gem people pretend it was
What's the opposite of a u-turn? An n-turn? I'm n-turning on Dula, it's first time I've anticipated an album release by her! :D

So lemme get this straight. Y'all wanna stan bitches like Meghan Trainor and "Perrie" but Dua Lipa is too low-brow?! #RubbishGaez

I've grown to properly LOVE Houdini now. There's quite the DIRTINESS to it which hits a nice spot.

Training Season sounds like a 5th single an act would throw out to try to keep an album ticking over.

Illusion just feels very meh to me. I forget it while I'm actually listening to it.

I found Houdini too safe as a lead single, but it's a nice transition between the last era and the new one, Illusion just feels like one of those club songs that linger in the Top 20 for ages that either Joel Corry or Jax Jones release with either Becky Hill/Ella Henderson/you name it; faceless and nothing more, but Training Season sounded massive from the start to me, if any other big name had released this it would have been a success no doubt in fact, Perrie, Rita or even dear old AVA should have sought it!

I certainly don’t think it can be said she is flopping - the first two singles have had solid runs, and the album isn’t even out yet.

I would say the buzz doesn’t seem there in comparison to FN, but it had a few underwhelming chart singles itself over its whole era, plus you can’t necessarily stay that big ongoing.

So far it’s probably fair to say it’s potentially underperformed thus far on some metrics, but it’s overall figures so far are still pretty good for most pop stars.

So lemme get this straight. Y'all wanna stan bitches like Meghan Trainor and "Perrie" but Dua Lipa is too low-brow?! #RubbishGaez
Those two are obviously much worse than Dua.

But Dua is just pretty marketing, only this time around the marketing team need to be put on a PIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom