Drag Race Canada Season 4

Are we just having a single thread?

I found this thoroughly enjoyable if an obviously low rent group of queens.

The state of Melinda Verga was the best thing about the show. Truly busted and those outfits were APPALLING. And who the fuck was the one who just rocked up as a mid 00s emo goth? :D

Really loved Kitten Kaboodle from the outset- would love a properly old queen to do well.

And finally, and perhaps most importantly, I very much enjoyed the debut of Traci Melchor’s ridiculous new face :disco:

I liked the first episode. The panel all bar Brooke (ish) talk like robots but it's become their charm. The cast has a lot of vocal fry but they seem fun. I like Denim.

Denim is already Snatching as Gaga and Mr G - and all 3 rounds in episode 1 were impressive. Only [name of winner] came through so strong that they won quite brilliantly. Onto episode 2 and I'm stunned that a queen who literally just stood there in a challenge and didn't know the words in a lip sync could stay over someone who was memorable and gave a decent enough catchphrase (although the drag was painfully ordinary it must be said). Traci looked fresh from the operating table in episode 1, but I think it was a combination of a severe wig and the lighting that also made some other queens look grey and washed out. Brooklyn looked incredible in the 2nd episode. Bit of a shame Girlfriend Experience flubbed her lines as she seemed to have had an impressive character up her sleeve going on the work room spitballing.

Melinda Verga. What is that makeup???

Venus and Denim very good. But Venus is such a BLAH drag name

Episode three, it was starting to become painful watching The Experience and how helpless she is. I really dislike Yoncé Shanel. And Melinda’s make up remains HIGH ART.

IMG_9685.jpeg

omg at this week’s entire Untucked segment! Melind’a mental breakdown! Nearah vs. Yoncé! I’m loving this season!

YESS I'm so here for this season now.

Melinda has levels of cringe, delusional and entitlement to rival the best like Shannel which is exactly what you want from a drag queen on a high stake reality competition :disco:

You can tell the producers were like "fuck after that Untucked we gotta let them both stay so they can keep this cunty fight going for a few more episodes".

Loving this season too- Melinda is so busted it’s amazing she got this far but fuck me, the delusion tonight was hilarious. She literally took some arms off a coat and put them on lower down her arms. DYING.

The double save wasn’t really warranted but yes, obvious reasons- and the same reason the Golden Beaver was likely given to Melinda in the first place- but it made for great tv. It felt like the old days of Drag Race, before the queens were all so savvy about what would happen if they were cunty.

What I will say, though, is how much Denim being consistently top is annoying me. They literally wore something similar to what they were wearing in the walk around. Couture my cunt.

They annoy me anyway (that voice) but that was just stupid no one called them out on it. It was literally just cut up and thrown on.

The drama was fun but was sadly over too quickly and led to another REALLY QUITE RUBBISH Snatch Game. Yes, Melinda was the winner but was kind of good-ish, nothing more, Kitten had maybe a good line (I forget what) and the rest were rubbish. Denim is clearly here to the end as they were easily bottom three for me (they literally spoke in their usual voice and said nothing of interest) but was somehow safe.

I hope they do the Golden Beaver in other franchises going forward, it's possibly the most compelling version of the 'queens eliminate/save each other' mechanic they've been playing with since All Stars 2. I love that Melinda clearly would've gone last week without it, then turned it around and won this week's episode :disco:

This week's episode was so much, but was immediately eclipsed by seeing :becool: as next week's guest judge!

Though of course it goes without saying that Mother Melinda carried the episode YET AGAIN.

1000032754.gif

1000032751.gif

Aurora is such a natural performer, she was excellent in the lipsyncs.
Neerah’s moment with the beaver, feeling all her powerful oats was disgusting to watch.

Melinda slowly but surely bringing back the flavour of delusion and grandeur from Untucked that we've been missing :disco:

Disappointing episode for us Melindiators but happy to see her make it to the next episode.

God I'm 5 minutes into this week's episode and the amount of BLUBBERING is getting on my last nerve already :D

You've been filming a TV show for a couple of weeks, not doing twenty-to-life in jail!

RE: This week's result
:angry:

Nah, it was about time she went. Though for me, it was Venus vs Melinda in the bottom really.

First time I thought Denim was deserving of plaudits. That was a spectacular family resemblance. I also thought it was Denim who had come out first.

I felt very uncomfortable when Neara's fiance flexed to the camera. Get your airtime I guess. :dead:

Sad Melinda is gone but very much rooting for Aurora. Came round to Denim this week too.

The reactions to them seeing their loved ones :D! with Melinda of course bringing the most drama :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom