Conan Gray - Never Ending Song + Found Heaven album

I was trying to find a thread to post this in!

It‘s brilliant and I have an oddly soft spot for him, he certainly has more top notch tunes that you’d expect.

I was trying to find a thread to post this in!

It‘s brilliant and I have an oddly soft spot for him, he certainly has more top notch tunes that you’d expect.
I really like him!

1. People Watching
2. Heather
3. Checkmate
4. Fight or Flight
5. Jigsaw
6. Maniac
7. Wish You Were Sober

That is a very good video.

The song is great as well. His voice sounds completely different for the most part, he is definitely doing that yelpy thing less.

I’m not technical at all, but is he singing in his lower register? Either way, I agree with you - theres no whining that he can sometimes do, it sounds much smoother.

I knew the intro to this reminded me of something, it is quite close to the early eighties TOTP theme.

Added to the Radio 2 playlist. I thought he might be more of a Radio One artist still but I guess not 🤷‍♂️

Killing Me is excellent, but every time he sings BEARILY BREATHING in the chorus it does take me out of it a little.

1. Track 1 : ?
2. Never Ending Song: Conan Gray ILYA , Max Martin
3. Track 3: Conan Gray , Max Martin , Oscar Holter
4. Lonely Dancers: Conan gray , ILYA , Max Martin ,Oscar Holter
5. Alley Rose: Conan Gray , Greg kurstin
6. The Final Fight: Conan Gray , Max Martin , Oscar Holter
7. Miss You: Conan Gray , Max Martin , Oscar Holter
8. Bourgeoisies: Conan gray , Max Grahn , Luka Kloser ( from wolf cousins (mxm))
9. Forever With You: Conan gray , Greg Kurstin
10. Eye Of The Night: Conan Gray
11. Boys & Girls: Conan Gray , Max Martin , Oscar Holter
12. Killing Me: Conan Gray , Max Martin , Oscar Holter
13. Winner: Conan Gray , Greg Kurstin

:disco: :disco: :disco:

That's a lot of Max Martin! Surprised they're investing this much in him considering his latest releases haven't made much of an impact.

From the credits and the cover I am choosing to believe that there will be minimal bleaty balladry this time around.

Is he one those current musical entities who does better at streaming than sales hence he doesn't chart ANYWHERE?

Yeah. His latest few haven’t been streaming hits by any means, and I think only really Heather actually charted anywhere of note out of all of his songs, but he has many on Spotify alone in the 200-500 million region. So I’d say the money flows very well from his output overall despite not actually charting.

what absolutely horrible cover art :D

yeah he's in the Troye boat (pre-Rush) of being a solid streamer who doesn't chart. very dedicated core fanbase.

I'm obsessed with Lonely Dancers. Typical that the more poptastic he gets, the more his streams have gone into freefall. :(

Loving the very on the nose eighties references throughout:

The title track and Miss You are my initial picks.

The quite audacious key change on Eye of the Night :D

I do wish some of the bangers were given a little more room to breathe time wise. Alley Rose has unexpectedly become a bit of a favourite too.

I'm sure the sales were nothing to get excited about but this was number 4 in the UK album chart.

Alley Rose has been getting the release week performances. It is atypical of the album but I do think the bridge is very, very good:

I'm not that thrilled with the album. The second half is not up to much Killing Me aside.

Fainted Love deserves to be a worldwide smash though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom