Cher- Heart of Stone

HONEY are you LOOKIN' for some TROUBLE TONIGHT?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sheena

ROMANCE
A recent vinyl purchase has made me reappreciate the 80s hair rock joy of this, her biggest album in her career to that point. It's a really solid album from start to finish, with Diane Warren at the peak of her powers and a few decent Michael Bolton co-writes as well. You Wouldn't Know Love, a Bolton cover, is my absolute favourite, in my top Cher songs ever, but there's another couple of classic, top tier Cher singles and very little filler.

Back in the day, I had the ROCK cover:

1699026149662.png

But eventually found a Swedish vinyl copy of the original artwork, which I sold for loads of money on ebay. I regretted it entirely until last week when, in Sweden again, I found the rock artwork vinyl for £3

1699026141065.png

10 If I Could Turn Back Time
10 Just Like Jesse James
11 You Wouldn't Know Love
08 Heart of Stone
09 Still In Love With You
07 Love on a Rooftop
10 Emotional Fire
08 All Because of You
10 Does Anybody Really Fall in Love Anymore?
08 Starting Over
07 Kiss to Kiss
07 After All

Surely one of the best rock albums ever recorded. I only found out recently though that Bucks Fizz did the original of 'Heart of stone', the song.

An absolute STONKER of an album.

Cause you wouldn't know love
If it knocked down your door

You wouldn't know it now
You never knew it before

aunt-may-spiderman.gif

THIS ENTIRELY! She sings the fucking WIG off it :disco:

Surely one of the best rock albums ever recorded. I only found out recently though that Bucks Fizz did the original of 'Heart of stone', the song.
Yes, it's written by Andy Hill and Pete Sinfield, who also wrote The Land Of Make Believe. Hill wrote most of their hits.

Their Heart Of Stone (in either Bobby G or Cheryl Baker lead version) isn't half as good as Cher's, obviously. But I think it's at least a lot more successful than their original of What's Love Got To Do With It.

Yes, it's written by Andy Hill and Pete Sinfield, who also wrote The Land Of Make Believe. Hill wrote most of their hits.

Their Heart Of Stone (in either Bobby G or Cheryl Baker lead version) isn't half as good as Cher's, obviously. But I think it's at least a lot more successful than their original of What's Love Got To Do With It.

DAMNING WITH FAINT PRAISE :D

Amazing album. SIX of those songs* made the US top 40, which is impressive.

(* some in other singers' versions, but still)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom