Azealia Banks - New Bottega (and major label reboot era)

Jark

User
let's have a NEW THREAD for this FRESH START.

New Bottega (which made 60-something on Pitchfork's EOY singles list, despite not being out yet) comes out in Feb on Parlophone.

it will be interesting to see what she can do with a budget and actual release dates, after years of mismanagement (or no management).

crazy to think that Anna Wintour was never the BIGGEST SONG IN THE WORLD.

Who owns Parlophone these days? EMI were forced to sell it off when one of the big mergers happened...

She has some great songs but she’s just so so unpleasant

1. 212
2. Used to Being Alone
3. Queen of Clubs
4. Anna Wintour

Pretty much the only songs I ever listen to her but they all fuck

and some other things but let's not focus on those just now 🥴

I think I'm alone when I say ATM sort of bopped and her feud with Pharrell afterwards was amusing.

She has some great songs but she’s just so so unpleasant
sometimes I think separating the art from the artist is a perfectly valid choice (and a complicated one that's case by case), and in Azealia's case I've taken both sides but she's just too talented to ignore. no need to follow on socials tho.

tumblr_na7gv0zou91sdcdr7o1_500.jpg

as if she had the nerve to do a performance for thirty minutes only.

she really is a nightmare human being and it's clear all of it lies with HER. she promises things to people, turns around and starts slagging them off/undermining them. deliberately keeps people waiting hours. who would insure any future tour after this? (then again, Sky Ferreira is still in demand!)

“Oh no, the wild lion we hired for the kids’ garden party ended up trashing the place and killing everyone and we’re SO DISAPPOINTED!!!” :(

There’s a long rant about Australia on her IG story at the moment where she calls it “a nation of inbred fucking r*tards” :octy:

Also calls Australians “bottom of the barrel white people”, says they have zero culture and that they “need to bring back S Club 7” (:D:D:disco:)

Glad the major label media training is going well anyway 🥴

Last edited:
she's been dropped or left the label in record time.

D4-B833-C1-46-D4-442-D-A2-A9-A707-D57-C26-F5.png

the good news is that New Bottega is out Friday, allegedly. but who knows if it'll even have playlist support if parlophone now isn't involved.

this quote from a new profile she's done is pretty iconic

the last line in particular is so SAVAGE

that's 55 days of being signed to a major label by the way, and no music released. :eyes: that's so Azealia...

I'm really fine to separate art from artist in her case if it means we get another Anna Wintour tier banger at some point. I mean that fucking song is a HARD TWELVE.

As of 2022, the roster includes Lily Allen, Coldplay, Victoria Canal, David Guetta, Gorillaz, Conor Maynard, Aya Nakamura, Soprano and PinkPantheress.

OH

how is this utterly incredible song still not available on spotify.

a fucking banger

FINALLY OUT NOW

(under the producer's name)

I like-a thee Gucci, thee Miu Miu :disco:

I'm really fine to separate art from artist in her case if it means we get another Anna Wintour tier banger at some point. I mean that fucking song is a HARD TWELVE.

Why does she get free reign though? Other cunts get cancelled whether they release good music or not.

I feel the gays are inconsistent in their cancel culture. It’s as though a female with a horrible attitude has some sort of free pass because she blurs the lines of the ‘diva’ label. Fuck that. She’s a horror and doesn’t deserve to earn major money from the people she insults via being a pop artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom