ASFM Worldvision: THE FINAL - Tonight, 7pm

When I had Azerbaijan last year, I noticed everyone who's anyone in their music industry had to release patriotic music videos feat the army the weapons and their beloved leader. I played with the idea of sending one of these but I eventually didn't.

Iceland this year was again a tough one for different reasons, it seems like there's a huge gap in world known acts and the rest of their industry, the later rarely make music videos and I also noticed the all important genre of slutpop is not represented.

The weird thing about the Turkmen music industry is that for every banger an artist releases, it seems like they have to release at least three or four incredibly drippy ballads or WEDDING SONGS as they were sometimes labelled :eyes:
This is a common theme for every Asian or Asia-adjacent country; even big hitters like China tend towards the saccharine ballads.

It's not that the bangers don't exist as there are LOADS, it's just that, for some reason, the people who compile Spotify playlists for these countries seem to think these are the songs that best represent them.

Before I found my entry I must’ve sat through around 50 iterations of this, which I don’t hate by the way, it’s incredibly JOYFUL, but somewhat RELENTLESS!

Before I found my entry I must’ve sat through around 50 iterations of this, which I don’t hate by the way, it’s incredibly JOYFUL, but somewhat RELENTLESS!

Your song was an absolute miracle. I included Botswana as an option because I'd found a few songs I thought could conceivably be ASFM fodder but I knew it would be a tough one, so to find that was sterling work and has made me start digging around for something similar to send in the future :disco:

Oh if anyone remembers I was rambling about a favourite song from my country that would never have got any votes because it’s a folky ballad and this is Moopy… it was of course this :disco:

I've started planning Worldvision 3. @Iguana start the next contest before I do something silly.
general election uk GIF by BBC

@Inner Smile is hosting. The theme is Hits of Magic FM.

giphy.gif

Plus let's face it @Inner Smile 's theme would be The Sound Of Texas - Hits & Deeper Cuts (actually I can weirdly imagine that as a Reverse Warholian / ironic ASFM theme)

I'm toying with the idea of hosting a future ASFM & I have a theme in mind.

Just not this next one as there's a lot on at the moment.

I see you @Diddy and given that your ASFM was my debut could I suggest a Diddy Redux?

Reactions: COB
giphy.gif

Plus let's face it @Inner Smile 's theme would be The Sound Of Texas - Hits & Deeper Cuts (actually I can weirdly imagine that as a Reverse Warholian / ironic ASFM theme)

I'm toying with the idea of hosting a future ASFM & I have a theme in mind.

Just not this next one as there's a lot on at the moment.

I see you @Diddy and given that your ASFM was my debut could I suggest a Diddy Redux?

Diddyvision II? I have considered it, mainly to force a theme I want to use because I found something I want to force you all to listen to because it’s amazing and you won’t listen if I just tell you. That sounds like a lot of effort though.

I’m juggling a few too many projects the public disinterest of which is crushing my spirit every day, so I’m on the fence

That's amazing! ASFM in the wild :disco: She sounds lovely and I agree her song is really good (well done @Suedey). We will have to keep a collective Moopy eye on her career!

I was just relieved I liked her song, but then planet moppy's song comp would almost certainly not have been mentioned otherwise :D

It's been long days here largely confined to one area and this was such a novelty thing to happen I had to excitedly log on at an unearthly hour to share.

Acoustic performance of All I Ever Asked here somewhere just after the 3hr mark, she sounds stunning especially given she had to wait ages to go on:

Glastonbury, Billie Eilish: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0018lqk via @bbciplayer

Reactions: COB
Andreea Bălan had a fair few I was tossing, turning and tossing myself off to. The Paris Hilton chasing IUBI was the one for quite some time, and the Avril Lavigne meets Perfect Dark one also another lethal option. I don't think either would have placed better, but I need a statement peice for ASFM for better or worse (only one time have I felt this was not the case). There are 2 here I think are absolutely lovely. Whilst I was surprised at the "slaggy" comments, I did gasp at Trippin's director seemingly obsessed with a certain area of her body and in IUBI when she all but bends over in front of the camera I laughed many times at too. I don't think it would be fair on Worldvision 3's Romanian participant to share the other 50 songs from other acts, but I'll show the trashiest thing I've ever seen later (it's not on spotify and I don't think it was even recorded - it took my breath away it was that bad). Anyway:

Go to Singapore for the Merlion, not the music. Gloopy ballads and weirdly rave music were all I could find, neither of which I thought would get much traction.

So I was at least happy to find a decent bop with a cute gay guy and an LGBT French Eurovision entry - I didn’t think it would flop so hard so idk 🤷🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom