1988 UK Official Charts Number One Hits SURVIVOR (Round 5 - FLASH Vote to SAVE)

Vote for your favourites to SAVE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
0MEI0I.gif

It was a VERY CLOSE vote in the previous round. Only one vote between four acts actually. However the decision is there is no way further way up for Yazz and the Plastic Population. The "Heart" of Pet Shop Boys is also missing the next round.

Results:
06. Pet Shop Boys - Heart (9th April) - Round 4 (50.0% to evict)
06. Yazz and the Plastic Population - The Only Way Is Up (6th August) - Round 4 (50.0% to evict)
08. Whitney Houston - One Moment in Time (15th October) - Round 3 (46.2% to evict)
09. S'Express - Theme from S'Express (30th April) - Round 3 (57.7% to evict)
10. Fairground Attraction - Perfect (14th May) - Round 3 (69.2% to evict)
11. Robin Beck - First Time (19th November) - Round 2 (17.1% to save)
12. Aswad - Don't Turn Around (26th March) - Round 2 (11.4% to save)
13. Bros - I Owe You Nothing (25th June) - Round 2 (8.6% to save)
14. U2 - Desire (8th October) - Round 1 (18.2% to save)
15. The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother (24th September) - Round 1 (15.2% to save)
16. The Timelords - Doctorin' the Tardis (18th June) - Round 1 (9.1% to save)
16. Glenn Medeiros - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love for You (9th July) - Round 1 (9.1% to save)
16. Cliff Richard - Mistletoe and Wine (10th December) - Round 1 (9.1% to save)
19. Billy Bragg and Cara Tivey - She's Leaving Home (21st May) - Round 1 (3.0% to save)
19. Phil Collins - A Groovy Kind of Love (10th September) - Round 1 (3.0% to save)
21. Wet Wet Wet - With a Little Help from My Friends (21st May) - Round 1 (0.0% to save)

FLASH VOTE TIME! In this round, you are voting to SAVE 2 SONGS you wish to see in the Quarter-Final. Cast your votes now!

Time to get the greatest number one of 1987 out and have a proper contest.

Last edited:
Always On My Mind may not be too near the top of my favourite singles of all time, but it's quite possibly got the best production of a big pop song I've ever heard. Utterly immaculate.

For once I can 'hear' all of these as I read them :D though there were better ones that are now out.
(Not a fan of 3rd one, like the others, and of course love the last :laugh:)

1988 was the first year I got into pop and I have no regrets.

What the ACTUAL FUCK is HONKING NIGHTMARE TIFFY doing in your FINAL FIVE? HONESTLY I DESPAIR OF YOU PEOPLE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom