Triangle of sadness

H&M or Balenciaga?

• Total voters

Peekaboo

User
This was a RIGHT RIOT :D

A total send-up of the stupidly wealthy and the people who prop them up, not a particularly NEW topic for Ostlund but I feel this is the FUNNIEST one of his ouvre.

It's actually a film of two halves and the latter one sags a bit, but the whole YATCH episode is SUBLIME, taking its sweet, sweet time setting up all the pieces to BLOW IT ALL UP in spectacular fashion in a dinner scene with echoes of JOHN WATERS and (gasp!) LITTLE BRITAIN that is worth the price of admission alone.

There are many highlights but

Woody Harrelson as a Marxist captain reading NOAM CHOMSKY over the tannoy to a bunch of delirious millionaires literally drowning in SHIT
was DELICIOUS :disco:

It’s not subtle at all but it’s also a laugh riot. It’s especially funny because I watch Below Deck and the chief stew reminded me of that.

Also featuring HOT PERSIAN BEEF Arvin Kananian.

Screenshot_20221105-022612-837.png

Fair points. I think if they had trimmed the second part a good 15 minutes the film would have been sharper overall. And I don't think it's aiming for clever, it's aiming for GROTESQUE.

I saw it at the LFF in a full screening and the whole audience was hysterically laughing. I didn’t really understand. I did like the pre-boat scenes at the start a lot and was more interested in a movie about that world.

I don't think vomit has ever been as funny

unfortunately, as mentioned, the final chapter sags a great deal

Reactions: RS
I thought the first part was awful and almost walked out. It was like some awful improv exercise. It picked up in Part 2 though and agree that was the strongest part, but I did enjoy the island bit as well.

I loved the first two parts, the cruise section in particular is a CAMP CLASSIC for all-times. So good, so funny, so grotesque.

But MY LIFE did the last section need to be trimmed down into a cute 20/25 mins, instead of the hour (?) long slog it became. Some VERY bizarre editing choices that ultimately hindered what could have been a FANTASTIC and fairly bulletproof bit of fun. Still absolutely worth seeing though!

Agree that Parts I and especially II were fabulous. Part III needed a trim.

But you can forgive any weaknesses thanks to the brilliance of the yacht section.

I thought this was glorious and so much fun. Obvs the yacht scenes were the highlight, but I loved the island section too. Let the cleaner have her moment, you bourgeois PIGS.

I googled to see what the fabulous/pretty lead actress has coming up next and, er, she's DEAD?! :( Shit news and a real loss

I googled to see what the fabulous/pretty lead actress has coming up next and, er, she's DEAD?! :( Shit news and a real loss

omg WHAT! Scream! and also :( VERY SAD!

Whilst she didn't have a lot to do in the yacht section, I thought she was BRILLIANT in the opening section.
So many layers, and so much unsaid being expressed in regard to their relationship.

To everyone who loved the yacht scene you should check out the Below Deck franchise.

Saw this today and thought as everyone else that it was hysterical. Yes it could have been shorter, but I enjoyed the island part a lot too.

I forget to get round to seeing this but I’ve now been reminded to do so. TA!

Reactions: RS
Was reading about the actress who played the Russian wife that looked like Bette Midler (she’s a princess!). I thought she was fabulous, I want to see more of her on tv, on White Lotus.

The movie gave me a mix of White Lotus and The Menue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom