Mylène Farmer - Monkey Me (New album 2012)

548161_10151039946417273_480713428_n.jpg

Just announced.

I am not going to miss it this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ I don't have the money for this (and I'm not just quoting the designer of that poster).

New album, Monkey Me, out December 3rd. 10 nights at Bercy beginning September 7th.

24 et 25 Septembre Lyon Hall Tony Garnier
1 et 2 Octobre Montpellier Park&Suites Arena
8 et 9 Octobre Nantes Zénith
15 et 16 Octobre Strasbourg Zénith
18 et 19 Octobre Genève Palexpo Arena
1er Novembre Moscou Olimpiyski
4 Novembre Saint-Petersbourg SKK Arena
15 et 16 Novembre Bruxelle Palais 12
20 et 22 Novembre Douai Gayant Expo
26 et 27 Novembre Toulouse Zénith

Oh i'm there! Missed the last one but definitely going to this. What a ridiculous album title though

She looks a bit like Margi Clarke on that cover. I won't be going, but am excited for the album.

Ooh, I'm THERE for the Brussels concert, having had to give her 2009 gig a raincheck at the very last minute and feeling a bit :grr: about it all ever since.

After a bit of Googling it appears to be a brand new venue that's still to be built(!) hers are going to be the first-ever concerts held there. It's not even known yet how many seats it holds, so I have no idea how quick I should be to get tickets. I guess her people have learnt their lesson from the previous venue she played in Belgium, the massive King Baudouin Stadium, having huge swathes of empty seats (though that's what you will get for an average entry price of €90), so deliberately move it somewhere smaller this time around.

Last edited:
Well that was SURPRISINGLY SIMPLE

I'm off to Brussels, it seems. Wanted to do Montpellier really but I'm taking a friend for his birthday, won't be telling him for some time so Brussels being on a weekend (as opposed to all the French dates which appear to ALL be on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, bizarrely) made it SOMEWHAT easier. Besides, I love Brussels and haven't been for years and we can't get pissed on the Eurostar. HOORAY!

I got tickets for Lyon! Can't believe I'm actually paying 140 euros for a ticket, but I've never seen her before and after seeing Madonna, I decided I'm too old for pelouse. "Lonely Lisa (live)" will be quite the experience. :disco:

So there's a new single currently astride French iTunes, called "A L'Ombre" but I can't find it EVEN TO LISTEN TO for LOVE NOR MONEY

Anyone able to dig it up for me?

Oh HOLD ON, I've FOUND IT LITERALLY AT THE MOMENT I SPOKE. It's very much "Classic Mylene" now she's back with Boutonnat. I LIKE IT, but it's not got the WOW factor that much of "Bleu Noir" had for me...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EU-pOeRX9Vk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tremendous. I completely drifted off, but in a good way. Just finishing my third listen.

Hmm it's "Du Temps" part deux really isn't it? Intro sounds very cheap, luckily it picks up a lot though.

It doesn't kick you in the bollocks the same way Oui... mais non did, does it? A bit safe but for now it'll do.

Well, we've heard it all before of course, but safe stuck-in-the-'90s Mylène does me personally better than auntie-tries-to-get-down-wiv-da-kidz Mylène, so no complaints for now. I pray to the gods the new album will stay with a 90-mile radius away from all things dubstep! :david:

She's also entered straight into the Top 10 of the Belgian iTunes, which hardly any French-language single ever manage! (well, Khaled's RedOne-produced "C'est la vie" is currently in there too, but that has become a freak hit in Flanders as well)

:D Surely that's not the ACTUAL COVER?

I'm not having THAT IN THE HOUSE

This has leaked kids, and it's rather extraordinary. I didn't think she had a pop album like this left in her, at least with Laurent. A l'ombre is completely stupefying as the lead single.

As in it's amazing, or it was a bad choice?

It isn't really doing it for me.

I'm uncharacteristically unexcited about this. It may be owing to the FONT

As in it was a profound mistake. It's probably in the bottom two of the album.

Elle a dit is absolutely stunning. It's the only track I've heard so far. She's just so fascinating.

Tu ne le dis pas catapults itself into a rave number - this is my favourite sound of the year.

J’ai essaye de vivre is haunting and aggressive, the stabbing of guitars, piano and strings is just relentless and heavenly.

Love Dance and Quand also very good.

Ici bas is another electronic dance groove that builds and builds. Musically, it's like the 4 seasons in 1 day. Loving the climactic violin and the gorgeous intro.

The gorgeous A't on jamais is making me feel very Christmassy indeed. The others are good, but the quality dips a little. The atmospheric clatter of Huit d'hiver would have been my final track, A force de's vocoder verses hurt my ears (but the chorus is very strong), and Je te dis tout was the kind of expressive ballad she does well, but I've heard it before.

I shall, AS PER USUAL, not download but wait for the cd. WORRYINGLY, it may be after christmas that I get it, but I still love the joy of a cd and I still love the first play for my BIG artists so I shall RESIST!

I love the new album! My expectations weren't really high after Bleu Noir but this one is wonderful!
For now, my favourites are Quand, Monkey Me and A-t-on Jamais.
I'm surprised they chose A L'Ombre as the first single - it's not one of the best tracks on it. However, the video premieres tomorrow and may improve my perception of it a little.

God, I adore "Bleu Noir"- I really do think it's my second favourite Mylene album nowadays...

I liked it too, which makes the "return to form" reviews a bit baffling.

I absolutely love it, but being more of a fairweather Mylene fan I wasn't sure if the loon fans considered it a bit of a SELLOUT.

The title track is absolutely stunning.

I don't think of it as a sellout at all- it was a completely different direction and, frankly, I thought "Point de Suture" was a bit tired- it was SO Mylene it was ridiculous.

"Bleu Noir" also contained her biggest hit in years in "Oui Mais Non"- probably her first actual genuine crossover SMASH since the "Les Mots" era (well, excluding the Moby duet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom