WTFH tour

Could you see the man in his sixties who kept randomly standing up ABSOLUTELY motionless ? :D He was in front of us to the left.

Could you see the man in his sixties who kept randomly standing up ABSOLUTELY motionless ? :D He was in front of us to the left.
No, but I wish I had :D

The people behind us had a go at us for standing up, which REALLY rubbed us up the wrong way. I told them to let me know when I had their permission to stand up and eventually just said fuck it and stood up anyway. Miserable bastards.

I have tickets for the O2 on the 26th but still not sure if I'm going, my friend is too scared of how bad things are there at the moment and he's undecided. I wanna go no matter what, but we might be trying to sell our tickets next week :square:

Went to see them in Belfast last night and they were phenomenal considering they must have been HANGING after being out for Faye’s birthday the previous night.

Loved to see so much new stuff and it’s easy to see they prefer performing it but it’s only thinking back now that I realise just how crammed full of old hits it was too.

The crowd (or at least the portion I was sitting with) really came to life when they launched into Say You’ll Be Mine which was nice to see as I was convinced it was a forgotten relic.

Anyway I (VERY) drunkenly ordered tickets for London next weekend so I could go see them with my best friend AND get to see Sophie Ellis-Bextor who couldn’t be bothered making the trip to Belfast.

Last edited:
Oh and finally if I didn’t find H utterly loathesome before I definitely do now.

I know I should be supportive of somebody living their best queer life but MY GOD I have never seen someone try so hard to be a gay icon - stood next to Faye Tozer as well who manages it effortlessly.

His attempt at a Gaga Monster Ball self-help speech while the rest were stood behind him waiting to just GET ON WITH IT was a particular lowlight.

Was SEB originally supposed to be supporting them in Belfast? I suppose having to start a 24 hour danceathon for Children In Need this morning may have been a bit much to do both.

Damn it :( That was the last straw, my friend just called me and said we better leave it for a better time, and even when I really wanted to go, I think it's the most sensible thing to do. Oh well :(

QUEEN FAYE has gone down with Covid :(

I'm not sure how realistic the chances are of all four of the rest of them avoiding it, but for now LSL is presumably ready to give her all on those extra verses.

She's ready

lisa-scott-lee.gif

Damn it :( That was the last straw, my friend just called me and said we better leave it for a better time, and even when I really wanted to go, I think it's the most sensible thing to do. Oh well :(
Well if there's no Faye then best not to risk it

So it turns out that no Faye = a rare opportunity for Lisa to give 120% :disco:

My favourite moment was when she clearly blanked on a line during a verse of Neon Blue and awkwardly yelled “SING IT!” to the crowd, to a wall of utter bemusement. :basil:

H also took a big chunk of Faye material though, including her section of It’s The Way You Make Me Feel, which Lee was clearly not loving. Classic H behaviour.

To be fair though, while I also cringed at “I’m a gay man!” *pause for ovation* the fact that he then did a whole no LGB without the T speech really impressed me, he didn’t have to do that.

I also loved how much it WENT OFF for Say You’ll Be Mine. Definitely a surprise fan favourite.

Apparently they’re doing something next year for their 25th anniversary too.

It’s sweet how much they genuinely seem to like each other these days too. I noticed Lisa and Claire were holding hands and exchanging supportive glances a lot during Heartbeat, which they both struggled with a bit.

Faye getting huge cheers whenever she showed up on the video screen was lovely too.

Looks like H and Lisa basically split Faye’s parts last night. I guess Claire knows better than to put herself forward these days. :(

Of course there are a few people on Popjustice lamenting the fact it didn’t mean Lee had more to do. :D:eyes:

Looks like H and Lisa basically split Faye’s parts last night. I guess Claire knows better than to put herself forward these days. :(

Of course there are a few people on Popjustice lamenting the fact it didn’t mean Lee had more to do. :D:eyes:
I mean I know he's a DILF and all that but let's face it he remains the King of Nox

I mean I know he's a DILF and all that but let's face it he remains the King of Nox
I was lambasted last time for being slightly bemused at there being a corner of the internet that yearns to hear more of his half-octave vocal range, so I won’t dwell, but yes I don’t quite get the appeal beyond DILF status.

I'm not a huge Steps fan, but was considering going to this next weekend as it seems like JOLLY GOOD FUN (and also we got sent a cheap ticket link to help fill out those remaining unsold blocks :D)

Is Queen Faye likely to be BACK by then does anybody know? She was approximately 98% of the PULL for me!

I think unless they find a major loophole with the government guidelines, Faye won’t be back next weekend.

I’d also be surprised if one of the other four doesn’t get it considering how consistently close they’ve all been (one of their dancers has been taken down too), and it would probably be a stretch for them to go ahead at all as a three-piece.

There was definitely a slightly fatalistic vibe last night, with references to carrying on the tour "for as long as we can" during the thank you's.

I hope they do manage to finish it up though, and I'd totally recommend going even without Faye. It was such a fun show with an all-killer setlist, and for any fan of HIGH CAMP, watching Lisa Scott-Lee clomp around the stage dropping lines and making inappropriately timed audience participation requests should be worth the price of entry alone. :basil:

my friend who was there last night had nothing but RAVES to report, despite the absence of QF.

Reactions: VoR
Is that random Leeds students union gig @VoR bought tickets for still going ahead?

I mean, if it really was THAT GOOD without her, imagine how TRANSCENDENTAL it would have been WITH her! Like Blond Ambition meets Before The Dawn at Live Aid.

Last edited:
It really is incredible, and a testament to how well they've been managed over the past few years, that they are scheduled to play two (!) virtually sold out nights at The 02 at this point in their career.

Didn't they play THEATRE SHOWS for that miserable Christmas album? :D

That Christmas album was such a gigantic mis-step (no pun intended) but they’ve really managed the comeback beautifully since then.

I understand the IDEA of a Steps Christmas album having appeal, but the reality was something else.

A bit like an ABBA Christmas single... :(

All these implications of Queen Faye somehow being superfluous make me fucking sick, quite frankly.
Well quite. I get that last night had an air of four friends pulling together and putting a show on against all the odds so the haphazardness was endearing, but I bet if (heaven forbid) Faye left and you went to see them a year later, it would still be just as ropey.

Let’s face it, 90% of the little professionalism you’d expect from a Steps concert emanates from her.

Oh don't get me wrong, Faye is absolutely integral in the broader scheme of things. I'm just saying I still enjoyed the show and in a way it was nice to get a slightly different experience of them having to very much pull the show together on the fly.

Ah well. At least I’ll hopefully see the full group next year. Unless Lisa succumbs to dropsy at the eleventh hour. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom