Victoria Monét - Jaguar II

Jark

User
although Jaguar was a mini album, the experience (banger!) chanteuse has called her full length Jaguar II and it's really very good

starts a little slow but really gets going a few songs in. Cadillac, Hollywood and Good Bye are a trio of really GORGEOUS motown/60s soul-ish midtempos, she's never sounded better.

Alright is a classic Kaytranada banger, and On My Mama charted on the Hot 100 this week so she's seeing a bit of success too. feels very deserved for someone who's been songwriting and hustling in the industry for so long now.

any fans? @funky @FetchFugly @Berly @RJN get on it!

we keep it SMOOOOOOTH like a Cadillac...

the brass! the vox! a song!

I like the 70s throwback tunes better than the modern R&B ones if I'm honest. How Does It Make You Feel is the ONE. ALso like Hollywood and Good Bye.

So a month in and I'm all over the two big 70s throwback tunes now in a BIG way. LOVE them. I like but don't love the single, although it probably is the right choice to promote the album as it's very NOW, and even if it does stray into cynical made-for-Tik Tok territory, I'd say she's forgiven for looking absolutely MAGNIFICENT in the video :disco:

The 70s bops:

The single:

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Oh Good Bye is 100% MY VIBE 😍

I don't really know anything else so I'm excited to investigate

I enjoyed Hollywood! The last three songs in fact I think are very good, the rest may have to grow on me 🥴

You have to love How Does It Make You Feel, it’s one of my songs of the year

It's a bit WISHY-WASHY to me right now but I'll persevere

What would you call the last minute of Good Bye? Like how would I find a whole playlist of that kind of vibe? I love it 😍

It’s 70s isn’t it. I think Motownphilly but I might be wrong. A lot of Neo Soul artists would channel it in the noughties (Alicia’s “You Don’t Know My Name” a good example) but it’s made a bit of a comeback, let me have a think.

I think this is along those lines, another great song from this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom