Theatre 2022

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
Amazing we haven’t got a new topic for this year yet. Now this is a funny one :D

That's one way to never get cast again :D

I haven't got much lined up, there's not a lot I fancy at the moment. All the creaky old classics and touring productions coming into town are of no interest.

Lined up for me so far this year:

Roles We’ll Never Play concert
BTTF (again)
Bonnie and Clyde
Frozen
Oklahoma!
Jerusalem
My Fair Lady

I'm curious about BTTF but only really for the last 20 minutes :D

Just booked Cock though, so that's a start.

She didn't have to drag Aladdin like that!

I've only got Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Bedknobs and Broomsticks booked so far this year. The latter really doesn't sound like it'll be up my street, but I guess Disney usually SPLASH THE CASH so at least there's that.

I’d only seen Dirty Dancing on stage before as a dance show thing. Interval now at the West End production and it is truly ROTTEN :zombie:

Not quite as bad as Indecent Proposal but I really wasn’t expecting it to be so bad. Forget the lame fact of just recreating the entire film on stage, at least cast people who can act OR dance, but the two leads couldn’t do either. Seemed like the criteria to cast a Johnny was being good looking and strong enough to do the lift, but fuck all else.

Also the RIFF RAFF of an audience, but they actually made it more interesting.

VIVIAN! I was trying to remember her name :D

I hate The Savoy so I'm quite glad that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Bryan Adams really is not my bag :D

No worse than the night I sat through Jennifer Ellison massacring Roxie. At least Mama Morton can get away with a bit of SASS and not much in the way of talent.

It's hard to remember what an incredibly cool show Chicago was when it first opened.

No worse than the night I sat through Jennifer Ellison massacring Roxie. At least Mama Morton can get away with a bit of SASS and not much in the way of talent.

It's hard to remember what an incredibly cool show Chicago was when it first opened.
At the very least Ellison could call herself a professional actress (and part time singer) rather than having zero performance experience. I think I could probably do a better job.

At the very least Ellison could call herself a professional actress (and part time singer) rather than having zero performance experience. I think I could probably do a better job.

Here's her ruining a song on This Morning. Things only got worse when she tried to dance. I hope she had her Equity card taken away after this :D

I have been following early reports from the Funny Girl revival on Broadway quite closely

Beanie Feldstein hailed as "high school standard" :disco:

And this just in :D

Saw this tonight.

All I will say is somebody, somewhere, at some point in this process should have pulled the plug.

Obviously Chicago is basically STUNT CASTING The Musical at this point, but it is a bit of a slap in the face to cast someone with zero singing, acting or dancing experience who has also shown herself to be utterly incapable of rising to the challenges of her own job (turning up to a nightclub for an hour).

I'm going to be FRONT ROW CENTRE on OPENING NIGHT now that I've seen how they've rewritten The Cell Block Tango for GC :disco:

I’m taking my mother to see Witness For The Prosecution at London County Hall in June. I didn’t pay for the jury experience though.

Did any of you London based moopers see Anything Goes at the Barbican last year?

I did consider coming up to see it last year with my mother, but decided against just because of the covid uncertainty, but am seeing it here tomorrow. Its the same production which returns to the Barbican in the summer again and I'm rather excited.

Did any of you London based moopers see Anything Goes at the Barbican last year?

I did consider coming up to see it last year with my mother, but decided against just because of the covid uncertainty, but am seeing it here tomorrow. Its the same production which returns to the Barbican in the summer again and I'm rather excited.
Yes, I saw it late in the run after Felicity Kendall and Sutton Foster had left, but it didn’t matter. Carly Mercedes Dyer was extraordinary and I hope she wins the Olivier tonight.

I enjoyed it a lot but as a show it pales in comparison to the recent production of 42nd Street. I wish that had stayed longer, but considering the theatre refurb and Frozen booking it out after, it had nowhere to go.

We have Kerry Ellis, Bonnie Langford, Simon Callow and Denis Lawson, who I think are all returning to London with it. I think it's only a fairly short regional run. With theatres being backed up due to covid I'm just pleased we're getting it at all.

Off to Frozen at Drury Lane in a couple of weeks. Very much looking forward to the spectacle of a Disney show, even if I don't like the story that much.

Me too! Seeing Frozen in just under 2 weeks. I don’t care about it that much but got a reasonable deal through the WhatsonStage Theatre Club.

Me too! Seeing Frozen in just under 2 weeks. I don’t care about it that much but got a reasonable deal through the WhatsonStage Theatre Club.
Just under? We're there for the matinee on April 21st.

Just under? We're there for the matinee on April 21st.
AAAHH. Same day but evening performance! :o

BTW I can’t see the full cast for the new production of Anything Goes. It just has the top 4 names. I really really hope Carly Mercedes Dyer is still playing Erma. She was tweeting about being in Bristol just the other day.

AAAHH. Same day but evening performance! :o

BTW I can’t see the full cast for the new production of Anything Goes. It just has the top 4 names. I really really hope Carly Mercedes Dyer is still playing Erma. She was tweeting about being in Bristol just the other day.
The cast for the UK Tour of Anything Goes is as follows:
  • Reno Sweeney – Kerry Ellis.
  • Moonface Martin – Denis Lawson.
  • Elisha J. Whitney – Simon Callow.
  • Evangeline Harcourt – Bonnie Langford.
  • Billy Crocker – Samuel Edwards.
  • Erma – Carly Mercedes Dyer.
  • Hope Harcout – Nicole-Lily Baisden.
  • Lord Evelyn Oakleigh – Haydn Oakley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom