The Wendy Williams Thread

Wait a sec - they originally tried to replace her with Sliders star Jerry O’Connell?

Reactions: dUb
Wait a sec - they originally tried to replace her with Sliders star Jerry O’Connell?
That was while she was still hosting I think - they tried to start a spin-off show with him using the same set for when she was off the air.

Jerry was actually the first replacement I think. He would step in for a day or two. And the audience loved him cuz he's kinda charming. But I don't think anybody's trying to watch a whole show with him.

It's official!

Like The Wendy Williams Show, Shepherd’s program — titled Sherri — will be distributed by Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury. Wendy Williams showrunner David Perler will have the same position on Sherri, executive producing alongside Shepherd and her producing partner Jawn Murray.

“Sherri is a natural who proved her hosting skills for many years as a panelist on The View, on Fox’s Dish Nation and again this season as a popular guest host of Wendy,” said Debmar-Mercury co-presidents Mort Marcus and Ira Bernstein in a statement. “Like our viewers, we have been impressed by the unique comedic twist Sherri puts on our daily live ‘Hot Topics’ segment, her creativity and interactions with our guests. Her love for the content and daytime fans is obvious, and we are excited to partner with her to create another long-term talk franchise.”

Marcus and Bernstein added, “This is also a bitter-sweet moment for us and our partners at Fox. We all have a great love and affinity for Wendy, who grew into a true icon during her 12 incredible seasons as the solo host of a live, daily talk show dishing on ‘Hot Topics’ and interviewing celebrities. Since Wendy is still not available to host the show as she continues on her road to recovery, we believe it is best for our fans, stations and advertising partners to start making this transition now. We hope to be able to work with Wendy again in the future, and continue to wish her a speedy and full recovery.”

Williams has been absent for the entire season of her eponymous show while dealing with health issues, including a case of COVID-19 and ongoing complications from Graves disease, an immune disorder. A rotating group of hosts, including Shepherd, Leah Remini, Michael Rapaport, Kym Whitley and Finesse Mitchell, have kept the show going.

“It’s been a challenging time for Wendy as she deals with her health issues,” Williams’ PR rep, Howard Bragman, said in a statement. “She is incredibly grateful to Debmar-Mercury, to Sherri and everybody else who has supported the show through this time. She, more than anyone, understands the reality of syndicated television — you can’t go to the marketplace and sell a show that’s the Maybe Wendy Show. She understands why this decision was made from a business point of view, and she has been assured by Debmar-Mercury that should her health get to a point where she can host again and should her desire be that she hosts again that she would be back on TV at that time.”

Williams endorsed Shepherd as her interim replacement earlier this month, but a source said at the time that Williams was still hoping to make a return for a 15th season of her show. Shepherd and the other guest hosts will continue their turns on The Wendy Williams Show for the remainder of this season.

“OMG! I am so excited to have my dream come true and debut my very own talk show Sherri in the fall,” said Shepherd. “I can’t wait until I return to NY to host the show and merge everything I love — pop culture, talk, entertainment and comedy. I am thankful to Debmar-Mercury and Fox for partnering with me on this show and look forward to this new journey.”

I don’t see the Sherri show lasting more than 2 seasons. Who wants to watch Sherri?

I like Sheri, but that report does make me think we'll eventually have Wendy doing something regular again if not as full on and frequent. I might start downloading from her YouTube as what if all that TV toilet gold gets pulled too.

This will be classic Wendy surely. I personally can't wait to hear her drag the lovely, but clearly spineless, Norman and the hideous Suzanne.

I saw that. Her appearance must be quite something if she's not wanting to go on screen. I wonder if she was going ham trying to complicate things for the show ousting her and it backfired, which is what provoked the bank to do what seems absolutely terrifying from an outsider perspective,

To say nothing of the fidgeting, repetition and rambling, she really should not have posted that. Unless it was a live, I don't understand why she wouldn't play it back and re-record it (with at least bullet points to go on).

It's not right. It's not fair.
giphy.gif

Wendy Williams Show DEAD

it's the end of an era :cry:

“The final original episode of The Wendy Williams Show will air on Friday, June 17, with a video tribute to the iconic host,” the statement says. “The series comes to an end after 13 successful years in syndication.”

Wendy Williams will not be making an appearance for her eponymous show’s sign-off.

It’s been confirmed that Sherri Shepherd will launch her own talk show titled Sherri in the fall and ultimately take over Wendy’s original time slot.

I have zero doubt that she will have been various forms of impossible, but what a grubby end. Are Suzanne and Norman reprising their roles on the Sherri show?

Just watching the last episode :( they did her dirty by not dedicating the entire episode to her, a 10 minute tribute at the end (which was pretty stacked) is not nearly long enough for the icon.

Also .. I hope the Sherri show flops, she has been such a boring guest host each and every time she’s been brought in.

It also makes it more unlikely we'll get repeats of the earliest episodes. Honestly, I'd love to watch those so bad. Regardless of how difficult the situation became, they ought to have went all out as it's the fanbase they're negotiating with now and that's not a good look. I like Sherri, but I won't be watching.

I still think it's for the best. She was not a nice person and actively sowed discord. We'll find someone else to entertain us.

The TMZ interview is very sad, but im most appalled at the presenters and the manager filming her. Her brother's interview was heartbreaking - when he asks for people to pray for her it was difficult to watch. I did also catch footage of Suzanne walking off and avoiding a question about Wendy and couldn't think much worse of her either - she went from audience fluffed to co-producer only because of Wendy. And I will not be listening to any podcast that may happen - I'm definitely signing off here for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom