The USA: Trump-Biden Transition - attempted coup + Trump IMPEACHED (AGAIN!)

were you screaming when you saw it posted by me one page ago :america:
tumblr_p89vxfePSP1r2aqf7o1_400.gifv

A split in the Republican Party could be useful in the long run. Trump does a Farage, forms a breakaway, millions follow him, right wing vote splits.

Reactions: RJN
The Republican party will try and distance themselves from this in the next few days, but I'm sure they will be happy to return to catering to these people before long.

They don't have much choice if they want votes. The young people voting Republican are angry GamerGate trolls and their wives who think Wayfair are trafficking babies.

They had one of Trump's campaign folks on the BBC and Katty Kay's useless co-host was basically feeding him lines about how it was an issue of the far-right AND far-left.

That's their get out clause. They'll both-sides the whole thing and go back to stoking these people's LEGITIMATE CONCERNS.

Who would have foreseen that bothsidesing everything and claiming this constituted "balance" would end up like this except, of course, the huge number of people who foresaw that it would end up like this.

I don't audibly laugh at memes very often, but that Animaniacs one has me chortling every time

Reactions: VoR
A split in the Republican Party could be useful in the long run. Trump does a Farage, forms a breakaway, millions follow him, right wing vote splits.

A great fantasy that also floated around during the time of the Tea Party Movement and Obama winning... and also heard it a lot about the Tories during Brexit, no? Unfortunately these two parties always bounce back.

Because it's within both parties' best interests that only 2 parties exist. A duopoly. No matter how badly each wants the other one DEAD.

I just had a look at my Trump supporting friend Facebook and they are now claiming that the whole thing was staged by the Democrats to get Biden confirmed.

The stupidity is unbelievable.

I just had a look at my Trump supporting friend Facebook and they are now claiming that the whole thing was staged by the Democrats to get Biden confirmed.

The stupidity is unbelievable.

Twitter was full of people saying it was ANTIFA/BLM/TEH DEMS yesterday, and quite a lot of them were clearly bots. Same content, lots of usernames with numbers, random photo rather than a face etc.

Does Twitter make any attempt to shut down bots? I can’t imagine it’d be very hard to identify them.

!!

Chuck Schumer is calling for immediate use of the 25th amendment or reconvening of the House for impeachment. Very unusual move for a senate leader.

A great fantasy that also floated around during the time of the Tea Party Movement and Obama winning... and also heard it a lot about the Tories during Brexit, no? Unfortunately these two parties always bounce back.

Oh, I know - in the UK, the Tories just went as far to the right as was necessary. But will The Republicans really do the same? Trump has inspired a frightening personal loyalty of a type that I;ve never witnessed. certainly, Farage never had that. There's also the fact that Trump has had power - he's not just a pretender to the throne, his schtick from now is that he was wrongly and fraudulently removed from the throne. That's different kind of "Good Ol' Days" - Trump is saying "we actually had it, they stole it". It's a very different picture.

It'll spin on whether Trump's momentum can last beyond the 20th January. If he can still rally support and loyalty thereafter, it could go anywhere.

It’s symbolic. It would need 2/3 of the house and the senate to happen.

I suppose that votes on impeachment and removal from office would force a lot of Republican senators and representatives to really put their cards on the table about whether this event IS a bridge too far, and whether they're willing to be tied to the MAGA movement after Trump is gone - that could potentially be useful for Democrats when it comes to future campaigning, I guess.

Obviously Trump's reputation, such as it ever was, is now in tatters, but I'm especially amused that this has surely destroyed any political hopes for his hideous children too. :disco:

Every video I've seen of Trump Jr he seems to be gurning as he talks, like someone stood around a cd case of lines in a kitchen at 3:30am

Every video I've seen of Trump Jr he seems to be gurning as he talks, like someone stood around a cd case of lines in a kitchen at 3:30am

it’s insane how much he gurns - it’s like talking to Lucille in a lockdown Eurovision rewatch thread

One of the most WTF moments from yesterday was when they first stormed in, someone was wearing a rainbow flag :emoji_thinking:

Britney married someone in Vegas for 3 days :D

I had completely forgotten about that incident until now

JOHN MAUS. I didn't say because @Zu-Klara is literally the only other person here that's HEARD OF HIM
I don't know her.

But apparently Ariel Pink (producer) Was also there. Well he badmouthed Madonna in 2012 circa WTF is MDNA (gays never forget). So. FUCK YOU!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom