UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

I’m scared that a general election will just see Boris strengthen his position to be honest.

Or maybe I’m just SCARED.

I'm actually in a proper state of existential angst about this - all the absolute worst cunts are literally in charge based on what a tiny clutch of rabid gammons want.

In the sheer level of HORROR about JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING at the moment, I feel it isn't being considered enough that JACOB REES FUCKING MOGG is a member of the fucking CABINET!!!!!

In the sheer level of HORROR about JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING at the moment, I feel it isn't being considered enough that JACOB REES FUCKING MOGG is a member of the fucking CABINET!!!!!

Because of course he is. Boris has either monumentally fucked up or played a blinder, depending how you feel about it. He has put all the Brexiters in charge. It is, therefore, time for them to own their shit.

Which of course, they can't. This is the most dangerously monomaniacal and self-seeking cabinet I have witnessed and I was alive in 1987. I'm scared. Really.

Because of course he is. Boris has either monumentally fucked up or played a blinder, depending how you feel about it. He has put all the Brexiters in charge. It is, therefore, time for them to own their shit.

Which of course, they can't. This is the most dangerously monomaniacal and self-seeking cabinet I have witnessed and I was alive in 1987. I'm scared. Really.

Yes, but JACOB REES MOGG? As BREXIT as he is, in what WORLD is it ok that a VICTORIAN GHOST is allowed anywhere near a top role?

He's on TV making a speech right now. Where the fuck is all the money coming from new police, improved infrastructure etc?

Ugh - I see he's gone straight into Trump's pocket with this "Brexit was a vote against London" horseshit. So what's the plan Boris, moving Parliament to SOUTH SHIELDS or something?

He's making some big pledges, but it's gonna all come crashing town when there's no funds.

He's on TV making a speech right now. Where the fuck is all the money coming from new police, improved infrastructure etc?

It's just empty promises before the INCOMING GENERAL ELECTION that he's not going to call but will have to have when Parliament calls a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE when they try and push through NO DEAL, which together with the NARRATIVE of "THE EU and PARLIAMENTARY REMOANERS SCUPPERED OUR BRAVE BREXIT" will SCOOP up all the BREXIT PARTY votes and give them a MAJORITY to push through ALL SORTS OF GHASTLY SHIT

I can't WAIT :manson:

He's definitely writing cheques his ass can't cash. Even if it all falls to bits and they end up in opposition to a Lib/Lab coalition, the Tories can still give it "well, we'd have done all this what are you going to do?"

I don't see the point in attacking his willingness to spend money, it's a fundamentally right-wing line of argument.

I'm dubious about how much is going to line the pockets of Tory donors but if he commits to improving infrastructure outside of London then it would be a rare example of the moderate, One Nation stance that Boris likes to say he has.

Oh well, at least he's focusing (or perhaps he'd prefer focussing) on the important stuff.

It's No Deal folks. They've said it. Gove is in most of the papers with it today.

Jeremy Corbyn on the money as ever:

He said Labour would choose when to call the confidence motion, and did not guarantee it would be before Britain leaves the EU

It's No Deal folks. They've said it. Gove is in most of the papers with it today.
We live in a time when no single politician knows what's going on. They can go for no deal, but Parliament will block it. They can try to close Parliament, but I reckon the courts will stop them. Despite a ton of bravado, the fact that Johnson has exactly the same problems as May seems for the moment at least, not being mentioned so much. Of course if they have no deal and the Irish border closes, all hell with reign down on them. You certainly get a sense there's been some practise terror going on in NI. Realistically Johnson's best option is an extension and GE.

Gove is likely looking to see what the reaction is and how it affects the polls which largely boost the Tories. But they would have boosted either way and who's to say they wouldn't have boosted more with Hunt? "Realistic" isn't in Johnson's official vocabulary - he's exactly the type of cunt who would burn down your house and then complain that some of the ash fell on his lawn.

Pretty sure the dynamism and BS is pushing the Tories up in the polling. It won't last.

Who are they gaining in the polls at the expense of?

Despite a ton of bravado, the fact that Johnson has exactly the same problems as May seems for the moment at least, not being mentioned so much.

It’s been mentioned numerous times (not by HIM, obviously) but I do think there’s a bit of a morbid fascination to see just how far he might push it.

Plus I suspect there’s also a degree of people allowing him to make his bed. The more he pretends those issues aren’t there, the harder he’ll fall when he finds himself in exactly the same position as Theresa May.

This is all just fucking unbearable. The worst possible PM, the hideous cabinet, the appalling leader of the opposition. And now Johnson is going to spend £100m on convincing us all that No Deal is all going to be fine despite it being the most destructive act of political and economic self-sabotage imaginable in recent history. I've been fairly good at guessing how this was going to pan out over the past few years but right now, I don't have any clue.

Part of me is now hoping the EU call Johnson's bluff, don't back down and watch the UK crash out with all the consequences thereof. I think it's the only way this is going to be solved now, as awful as it's going to be. Boris being in power is the first step to the Brexiters finally owning this. Pushing it all back to the EU is so transparent, I don't think anyone but the most unadulterated loon would buy it. But who knows.

if a No Deal Brexit happens and it's a disaster, which it will be, the delusional STOP FUCKING HATE readers and their ilk will twist it to 'Because Europe were petulant' and 'Because Europe treated us badly' and will believe that Europe had a duty to give the UK a deal as good, if not better, than the one we had in the EU. Their minds just won't be changed.

Remember the majority said they were happy for unemployment to go up and there to be financial ruin, provided we got their precious Brexit passed through.

I don't see the point in attacking his willingness to spend money, it's a fundamentally right-wing line of argument.

I'm dubious about how much is going to line the pockets of Tory donors but if he commits to improving infrastructure outside of London then it would be a rare example of the moderate, One Nation stance that Boris likes to say he has.
That they were clearly talking shit the last nine years and there *is* money to spend.

It is possible that Boris Johnson and the right wing press might not blame Europe for everything going to shit after a no deal Brexit. They'll have to make sure that some of the blame goes to benefit claimants and Jeremy Corbyn, as well.

as someone who has only a vague idea about johnson, this was an interesting watch.

I know the political landscape has changed quite a lot over the last few years, but when you consider the general shambles of both Theresa May and Boris Johnson, it’s a little damning that Labour have been unable to build a consistent and credible opposition.

I suppose it may embolden Johnson to risk an election. I have a horrible feeling Corbyn would continue to cling on even if he failed though.

Johnson is playing to his audience, Corbyn isn't. Labour are in the strange position of needing a leader with less in the way of principles...

Corbyn is fucking useless, and actually reprehensible in his refusal to provide the one thing this country actually wants or needs which is an opposition leader who'll say FUCK BREXIT, FUCK NO DEAL, we can do better than this. Some of the blame for this clusterfuck will have to go his way when all is said and done. Terrible man.

Labour have got no chance with Corbyn in chance. Zero. Zilch. He's toxic to any kind of swing voter and incredibly to a significant portion of his own party too and his own actions are entirely to blame for that.

His handling of Brexit and anti-semitism have been weak as piss and he has done more to damage his party's own prospects than any (real or imagined) mainstream media (:manson:) smear campaign or BBC bias. He is simply a rotten leader and it's about time he owned up that. The policies Labour are proposing are mostly interesting and at times even excellent, but I'd say there's very little trust or faith in his ability to deliver them. That makes him the problem, not the solution. Add to that a largely rotten front bench and Labour seem as unelectable a prospect as in the Kinnock years.

The party is going to have real problems extracting themselves from its current stasis.

Last edited:
Labour needs a John Smith badly right now. And for him not to die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom