The Queen DEAD...Tired

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
She's on a mega break, advised to rest for another fortnight after being absent for a few weeks.

BBC News - Queen advised to rest for two more weeks

She's 95, so with regret this can probably operate as her macabre DEATH WATCH thread, as is traditional with these SORTS.

HI PRINCE CHARLES!

The state funeral will be held 10 days after her death and heralded as a “day of national mourning”, but it will not be an official bank holiday. If it falls on a weekday it will be left to the discretion of employers to give their staff the day off, and there will be no substitute day off if it falls on a weekend.

The state funeral will be held 10 days after her death and heralded as a “day of national mourning”, but it will not be an official bank holiday. If it falls on a weekday it will be left to the discretion of employers to give their staff the day off, and there will be no substitute day off if it falls on a weekend.

HANG ON TIL MONDAY, MA’AM

I’m sure I was LAMBASTED only a couple of months ago for saying similar as I said she looked DREADFUL. Yes, I know she is 95, but she is failing.

I think I have said on here many times I have no real love for any of The Royal Family apart from The Queen. I think she is FANTASTIC, and her work ethic is second to none.

I can't think of many ways beyond the look of currency and stamps that will actively change our lives.

Charles will inevitably be way less popular than her, that's inevitable. William will probably be a relatively popular monarch, preventing any immediate collapse.

Are we going to get King Charles and Queen Cammy? You’d think since everyone considers him a bit of an arsehole he’d just let William have a go instead.

Might the Sex Pistols chart again if she dies?

Presuming her majesty has another five years, Charles will be 77 when he becomes King. Alas we could have anything up to 25 years of him.

Are we going to get King Charles and Queen Cammy? You’d think since everyone considers him a bit of an arsehole he’d just let William have a go instead.

He has had it drummed in to him since he was a child that one day he will become the King of England. He won’t hand over the reigns, and as much as I dislike him I don’t think ANY Royal would.

The same way The Queen will not hand over the reigns to Charles until she carks it. He may well take over a lot of her duties before hand but she will be Queen until the day she dies whether that be soon or when she is 110.

She is not a silly woman though, and quite rightly knows that Britain would much prefer her however incapacitated than HIM.

She is not a silly woman though, and quite rightly knows that Britain would much prefer her however incapacitated than HIM.
She clearly takes the responsibilities of being Head of State very seriously though - which makes me wonder if she will step down if she can't perform what she sees as her obligations.

Did that idea ever really take off though? You NEVER hear it mentioned.

I think it was the official line for a good few years, but then they successfully rehabilitated her image a bit. I think she'll just be Queen Camilla now.

She clearly takes the responsibilities of being Head of State very seriously though - which makes me wonder if she will step down if she can't perform what she sees as her obligations.

I agree that she does yes, but she also knows how popular she is in comparison to Charles and she won’t stand down to someone who could quite possibly topple the monarchy while she still has breath in her body.

I agree that she does yes, but she also knows how popular she is in comparison to Charles and she won’t stand down to someone who could quite possibly topple the monarchy while she still has breath in her body.
Fingers crossed. I just remember reading speculation that she may not scale back her activities further, because she believed it was the role of the Head Of State.

I mean how old is she? She's entitled to have as much time off as she wants. Most people retire 30 years before she did. I don't know why the papers are making such a big deal.

Well of course I do know that's a stupid thing to say. But it's still annoying.

I hope she doesn't become too ill and TIRED.

Widowhood has really suited her.

It's the kind of existential crisis that makes her so relatable.

I don't like William that much any more either. But I would like Kate as queen, just for the wardrobe.

kate-middleton-wows-royal-fans-imperial-war-museum-reception.jpg

I mean how old is she? She's entitled to have as much time off as she wants. Most people retire 30 years before she did. I don't know why the papers are making such a big deal.

Well of course I do know that's a stupid thing to say. But it's still annoying.

Of course she is entitled to time off but I don’t think she WANTS to take time off. It’s doctors orders.

You'd have thought she'd just do a half day in the Windsor British Heart Foundation shop by now.

Probably a Tuesday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom