The Killers - Pressure Machine (New Album)

FetchFugly

Pregnant
Out on Friday, apparently a less bombastic collection than usual and is a concept album that draws on Brandon Flowers' teenage hometown. There's been various interviews and trailers but no singles released in advance of the release. A clip of one song can be heard at the end of this video:

The last album was really very good so looking forward to seeing if standards are maintained on this left turn.

Impromptu Killers top 10:

1. Human
2. Lose My Mind
3. All These Things That I've Done
4. Somebody Told Me
5. Mr. Brightside
6. Crossfire
7. Runaways
8. The Man
9. Tranquilize
10. Smile Like You Mean It

I think Sam's Town is the only album of theirs I really 'know.'

Maybe I should investigate.

1. Spaceman
2. A Dustland Fairytale (this made me cry a few weeks ago?)
3. Read My Mind
4. All The Things That I've Done
5. Mr. Brightside (overplayed but hearing it live revived it for me)
6. Oh God
7. When You Were Young
8. Human
9. jenny Was a Friend of Mine
10. Somebody Told Me

Bonus Brandon (:horny::horny::horny:) 5
1. Lonely Town
2. I Can Change
3. Still Want You
4. Can't Deny My Love
5. Between Me and You

I think Sam's Town is the only album of theirs I really 'know.'

Maybe I should investigate.
Their first 3 and most recent are all worth it. Plus Brandon's second solo album for sure

1. When You Were Young
2. Runaways
3. All These Things That I’ve Done
4. Miss Atomic Bomb
5. A Dustland Fairytale
6. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
7. Caution
8. Lightning Fields
9. Imploding The Mirage
10. Blowback

Would a sync at 9 be too soon? Its only 42 minutes

KILLERS NEWS:

Only about two weeks did I get the joke of these lyrics

Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his

CHEST NOW

Wonderful Wonderful was the first of theirs I've enjoyed probably since Day & Age, but same I only listened a couple of times. Doesn't feel like it was that long ago? Start of the pandemic no?

KILLERS NEWS:

Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his

CHEST NOW

Wonderful Wonderful was the first of theirs I've enjoyed probably since Day & Age, but same I only listened a couple of times. Doesn't feel like it was that long ago? Start of the pandemic no?

No that was Imploding The Mirage.

Yah it was only last year, I remember my colleague getting excited about the vinyl as it had been pushed back etc.

KILLERS NEWS:

Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his

CHEST NOW

What is the joke?

The idea of Flowery Flowers putting together a concept album fills me with utter dread and excitement at the same time.

Hope something lives up to the towering levels of noted cult classic "The Clock Was Tickin'" :disco:

Diminishing returns meant I didn’t listen to the last one even once. I must remember to do so later.

I’m the opposite. No interest in them during the 00s, then sat up when they started doing more pop and new wave, but wasn’t totally sold. But the last album was a revelation for me. I absolutely loved it.

I haven't revisited the last album as much as I should but it was REALLY stellar.

My Own Soul's Warning... :disco: :disco: :disco: huge!

The idea of Flowery Flowers putting together a concept album fills me with utter dread and excitement at the same time.

Hope something lives up to the towering levels of noted cult classic "The Clock Was Tickin'" :disco:

I'm not convinced by the idea of these spoken snippets between songs by randoms but otherwise I have faith in Brandy.

:( at quiet town

I’m listening for the first time now. It’s a lot, in a good way. I think it’s going to need a few listens

This is really good, strong songs all the way through. It definitely is more intimate than usual but maybe not as stripped back throughout as I was expecting from all the Nebraska comparisons.

In The Car Outside with that outro... and Desperate Things and Terrible Thing :(

The interludes are fine for a listen or two but I am not going to need to hear them every time so the abridged version is very handy.

I listened to this yesterday. liked it all but few individual songs stood out... then I listened to Imploding the Mirage and everything popped off :disco: sorry but I think I like 'em SPARKLY and STADIUM SIZED best, singing nonsense lyrics about the winds of change blowing wild and free, rather than opioid epidemics and killer trains.

the title track Pressure Machine is quite lovely though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom