The Go Go's - new song Club Zero / Showtime documentary

straightorbroken

rebel heart
Well, not only are we getting new music on the 31st, but on the next day airs a documentary on Showtime (UK Sky Arts release date: whenever).

Album title is promising. Trailer looks fine - I don't expect to be disappointed.

I'll definitely check out the documentary if/when it makes its way over here.

I thought Club Zero was just a song, rather than a full album.

I never really looked into them despite liking Belinda a lot. I think Jane’s ‘Fur’ album holds its own against Belinda’s stuff too.

Oh is it just a SONG?

BOOO! I need an album of Belinda HONKING things that aren't yoga chants.

IMPROMPTU GO-GO'S TOP TEN

1. Lust To Love
2. Girl of 100 Lists
3. This Town
4. We Got The Beat
5. Skidmarks On My Heart
6. Vacation
7. Cool Jerk
8. Our Lips Are Sealed
9. Head Over Heels
10. Unforgiven

Last edited:
I didn't know there was a UK audience for the Go-Go's- is the legacy over there more than their single top 40 entry suggests?

TOP TEN:

1. Head over Heels
2. We Got the Beat
3. This Town
4. Lust to Love
5. Vacation
6. Speeding
7. Our Lips Are Sealed
8. Fading Fast
9. Turn to You
10. Yes or No (Remix)

Looking forward to the documentary, they probably have the most salacious behind the scenes goings on of any girl group.

I forgot This Town...

They were largely unknown here other than the hit, but I investigated post- Belinda, who was huge.

I wish Belinda's solo career was more remembered here (seems the Go-Go's and Belinda had opposite fortunes in the States versus internationally). Her notoriety as a solo artist here pretty much starts and ends with "Heaven is a Place on Earth".

I wish Belinda's solo career was more remembered here (seems the Go-Go's and Belinda had opposite fortunes in the States versus internationally). Her notoriety as a solo artist here pretty much starts and ends with "Heaven is a Place on Earth".

Surely Mad About You is still fairly well known, no?

Surely Mad About You is still fairly well known, no?
She certainly had an OK run on the charts (six top 40 singles in three years) but I meant in terms of legacy and recurrent airplay. I only ever hear "Heaven" - maybe "I Get Weak" once in a blue moon... maybe if her chart success continued into the 90s like it did in the UK she would be revered a bit more.

I would say other than Heaven, We Want The Same Thing is the song of hers I hear most here.

Where can I get my hands on the doc- it was on last night I think, no? (Or at least they organised a watch of it or something...)

Where can I get my hands on the doc- it was on last night I think, no? (Or at least they organised a watch of it or something...)

It was on in the early hours on Sky Documentaries last night and is on again tonight (and presumably on demand). I think I may give it a Sunday afternoon watch.

Hmm, I don't have Sky. I'll try looking at various ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS.

I have a torrent link @Sheena if you want it, that’s how I watched it.

It’s a fun watch, but it was amusing to me that Kathy’s addiction issues were the main focus and they mention NOTHING of Belinda’s :D I know she’s been very honest about it all in the past in other formats, but it’s completely scrubbed from history here.

Also the bitterness from the rest of them about Belinda is still very obvious :D

“One of them said to me ‘she writes the hits, and I sing the songs.’” OOH I WONDER WHO THAT COULD HAVE BEEN?

I'll have a nose later on and let you know if I can't find it, but THANKS! Sounds like QUITE THE TREAT :disco:

Jane forever completing with care less Belinda is always fascinating. Already this feels like Jane's Behind her Music.

Jane recorded an acoustic album in the 90s but never released it. I think the acoustic “Sealed” then turned up on her GH.

"I basically learned all their songs on a coke binge" :D

Present day Kathy reminds me of Rachel's smoker boss in Friends.

Well, what monsters to get rid of that poor Ginger who sold everything for them. Whatever could go wrong with 5 frenemies like this..

OMG, all I see is Ongina when I'm looking and hearing Jane speak. I'm rather tired, but I stand by this fully.

I feel like the Go-Go's have regularly been getting back together and getting back at each other for years.

Also loving Jane in between botox (which means a little less botox than usual) with her greys looking like Ramsay Street's Susan Kennedy.

Well that was super fast. Gina's talking heads deserve a docu series setting. I think we'd get a lot more out of them.

As for club zero, I like it, but the chorus fails lyrically - I know they like injecting, so why not inject a little life into the cliches we're supposed to believe is a mission statement from 60 year olds ("hey... we got something to say" - well feel free to let us know on the next one gals)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom