Switzerland 2021: Gjon’s Tears - Tout l’Univers

I don't see it as a televote winner, but I can see it getting a commanding Jury lead.

It will win the Spanish televote for sure, it's being played day after day during hours on prime time.

Surely Romania/Ukraine will sweep up a lot of diaspora televotes no?

You know, my takeaway from the post-ESC days have been that this really is fantastic.

I can’t say I really GET it but it is totally fascinating, and his vocals are SO beyond. That scale when he’s lit purple, then that power note.

there wasn’t that much intrigue in the staging this year, but this perf gave me a little frisson from that first FLOUNCE in the first chorus.

still not sure what to make of the choreo, or the staging concept, but it’s just all spellbinding, Barbara Dex would have been proud.

I guess when I said that it reminded me of latter day Kate Bush, that was a huge sign I was going to like it

I also meant to mention that I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it at Eurovision, but I came up with a slightly odd mix of 1944 and Rhythm Inside

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Hak
I knew nothing about him! Swiss-born to Albanian parents, came 3rd in Albania’s Got Talent (oof imagine the ethnic shrieking songs), and semi-finalist in The Voice France too

Still living for this. Can we have a ridiculous gay remix too please? Ta

WHAT? :D It's BASICALLY ARCADE! :D

it’s a falsetto ballad yes, but I mean more of the concépte. Arcade was just “man sitting with piano”, where was the FLOUNCING?

I guess I arrived at my conclusion because it has that mysterious intensity of 1944 and that odd choreo and monochrome abstract staging of Rhythm Inside

like, doyouknowhaddimean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom