Sinead Quinn- I Can't Break Down

Sinead Quim

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
What do you think of this utterly forgotten #2 hit from 2003?

Last edited:
Her new band

She's married to one of The Feeling

sineadandthedawnbreakers.jpg

I think this is actually a pretty good pop song, although possibly a touch under-produced.

It had a better chart run than I would've assumed based on her subsequent (non)career. By which I mean it spent more than a fortnight in the top 40.

Last edited:
Oh I'm glad she's still pottering along and not stuck behind the counter at H&M Belfast.

I wonder if the Feeling connection means she's friends with SEB?

There was a song on her album about her profoundly disabled brother that was really lovely and sad.

Oh I loved this. In fact I loved Ainslie's song even more, if we're talking 2003 Fame Academy graduates. Sneddon's lead single was pretty nice too.

Hated Lemar's though :eyes:

Stop Living The Lie was awful, but I thought Don't Let Go by Sneddon was actually quite decent.

Last edited:
I occasionally see posters for Alastair Griffin's band up in Ilkley.

I have to say, GOOD FOR HIM for soldiering on with music. I have no idea if he has a day job.

I loved the verses and her delivery of them but thought the chorus was such a let down

I Can't Break Down was good. I bought her album and Ready To Run (the song) is absolutely stunning.

I love how she looks exactly the same too!

I loved this at the time but have no recollection how it goes! I also loved What You Need Is... probably more. Even though it FLOPPED!

Have never heard her album though.

I occasionally see posters for Alastair Griffin's band up in Ilkley.

Didn't he have a hit in the UK as late as last year?

EDIT: Yes:

10/01/2004 Alistair Griffin Featuring Robin Gibb Bring It On/My Lover's Prayer 5 {5}-13-20-29-45-62->6
27/03/2004 Alistair Griffin You And Me (Tonight) 18 {18}-48-63->3
27/11/2010 Alistair Griffin Just Drive 38 {38}-67->2
29/12/2012 The Games Maker Choir Featuring Alistair Griffin I Wish For You The World 70 {70}->1

Last edited:
How bizarre.

Similarly, I discovered yesterday that the 2010 Cypriot Eurovision entrant had a #66 hit in the UK last year.

Similarly, I discovered yesterday that the 2010 Cypriot Eurovision entrant had a #66 hit in the UK last year.

That I did know actually. God bless Charts Plus <3

Jon Lilygreen. He's actually Welsh I believe, Cyprus has a bit of a thing of importing Brits.

The song he charted with isn't much cop, fairly generic MOR radio fodder.

His ESC entry was basically James Fox all over again. Got Cyprus into the finals, but that's about it.

Last edited:
Oh I loved this. In fact I loved Ainslie's song even more, if we're talking 2003 Fame Academy graduates.

I'm pretty sure I still have all three tracks from Ainslie's single on my iPod. In addition to the single, there was a cover of "Don't Get Me Wrong" and a lo-fi ish song called "Take Out Time" that my 12 year old self thought sounded like the sexiest thing ever.

I'm pretty sure I still have all three tracks from Ainslie's single on my iPod. In addition to the single, there was a cover of "Don't Get Me Wrong" and a lo-fi ish song called "Take Out Time" that my 12 year old self thought sounded like the sexiest thing ever.

He looks incredibly sexy on the single cover, with his t-shirt lifted showing his treasure trail. I wonder what he looks like now.

I bought her album which I think I listened to all of ONCE. "Never Happy" was ACE thought, but not on Youtube

I'm going to go up to a nine too, cracking little tune. Agreed about the underproduced thing though, as was all of its album! Also, many of the lyrical passages were quite iffy, in particular "I've been drinking like a fish, and swimming in my deep blue sea" or the entirety of hard-hitting piece of social critique "Never Happy"

I've got a list the length of my arm
Of all the things I'd love to change
Perfect tits, a pert little ass
And an airbrush for my face
Ain't a thing I can't rearrange
And I don't like cellulite
I'll have those dimples on my cheeks
And all those pills they sell you like
But it's alright cos you can eat
But they only make you weak - yeah!

Chorus:
It' all over the place, it's all up in my face
Keep pushing how perfect I should be
I am what I am, I pretend I don't give a damn
It's no wonder that I'm never happy

Hello beautiful you're ok
Here's 30 grand for your wedding pics
Thank you kindly yeah I don't mind
But does my bum look big in this?
Say it again, I'm not convinced
So I said...

(Chorus)

Now and then I pretend that I'm really content
That I'm happy with a 14
When I'd rather be a 10
Starve myself for a day
Then I eat for a week
If I was picture perfect would I feel more complete?
Would I feel more complete??

Funnily (or tragically) enough, at the time of SEB's second album, I thought she should have done the song "Another Day" as a duet with another female, and my first choice was Sinéad :shy: Little did I know the two would become related a few years down the line!

This sounds better than I remember it doing.

I think my favourite David Sneddon release was 'Baby Get Higher' which appears bizarrely to have been a hit for other artists around Europe. I mean, it was good but it wasn't THAT good.

This sounds better than I remember it doing.

I think my favourite David Sneddon release was 'Baby Get Higher' which appears bizarrely to have been a hit for other artists around Europe. I mean, it was good but it wasn't THAT good.

Love it, I even bought the album which isn't too shabby.

A complete non event of a song, perhaps the very definition of average. I much prefered 'What You Need Is'. As for Alistair Griffin, 'Just Drive' seems to be played on a loop at work, along with 'Little Bird' by Annie Lennox and 'Little Bit of Lovin' by Kele Le Roc. How diverse!

Were you born in 2003 or just deaf till then?

I remember buying it on a compilation album from a libary in 2004! I'd obviously heard other songs before then (I was 7), but it was one of the first songs I remember hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom