Sigrid - Burning Bridges

I liked Mirrors but yes this is up a notch

much better than whatever that last one was. the production is rich :disco:

I do like the production, not completely sold on the song. Will give it a few whirls.

It’s decent enough but her yodelly-yelping annoys me. Can’t ABBA just cover this?

It’s decent enough but her yodelly-yelping annoys me. Can’t ABBA just cover this?

I think the yelping is more controlled on this than sometimes from her.

I'm loving this, agree that the production is wonderful. Maybe Mirror wasn't that bad, I think it was a case of it having most of the right ingredients but falling a bit short of what it promised.

this one seems to have bombed. 2.5m streams to Mirror's 17m+.

I just discovered this last weekend, I LOVE it. Much better than some of the SHIT that actually manages to get to #1 :eyes:

The album charted at 2 in the UK behind Arcade Fire and I only got round to listening to it this afternoon. It's not bad, though the ballad heavy final third is hard going (not least with a refrain of 'it's just a bad day, not a bad life'... the insight).

It Gets Dark has grown on me quite a bit and Thank Me Later is a good pop song. A Driver Saved Night is the stand out, and an outlier too:

Watching Sigrid randomly running in the hills in her patchwork dress on a loop is almost hypnotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom