Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Vote

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Definitely coming to cinemas only in September :wink:

I’m so pumped for this. Feel like they didn’t give too much away because they barely showed The Mandarin who is supposed to be the villain right?

It looks fun, and yes Michelle is the highlight for me :disco:

I read something a while ago about some controversy where people on Chinese social media were going on about Simu Liu being too 'ugly' to play a Chinese superhero, which seems insane to me... maybe it's a different cultural beauty standards thing, but I don't see how he's anywhere close to being ugly :o

It looks fun, and yes Michelle is the highlight for me :disco:

I read something a while ago about some controversy where people on Chinese social media were going on about Simu Liu being too 'ugly' to play a Chinese superhero, which seems insane to me... maybe it's a different cultural beauty standards thing, but I don't see how he's anywhere close to being ugly :o

yeah I’ll never quite get that

I get people saying unprovoked to me “You’ve got a really tall nose”, they mean it sticks out more. But that’s a COMPLIMENT! 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: COB
Well this was the best Marvel movie since Black Panther. Really enjoyed it, good balance of humor without the usual forced feeling.

Also Awkwafina is just a delight to watch.

Yes I saw this last night and LOVED IT. Last act maybe a little over the top but overall I enjoyed it so much.

Really enjoyed this, more so than Black Widow and as mentioned previously the best since non-sequel since Black Panther.

florian-munteanucreed-viktor-drago

:wow:

Such a great first act. It's more of the same (bit of action, bit of joking, 5 seconds of background) but with a thankfully entirely new cast. I'd groaned my through the Spiderman trailer as I just didn't want to seem all them again!. The fight choreography was dreamy.

The second act was decent, though the plot started to fall apart (why did the father. The third was just the same old, same old and every bit of character faded away in the bombast. It was like the battle of Wakanda replayed with fewer characters (did the baddies actually turn up in only 5 4x4s?!) with added fantasy creatures escaped from the hellish landscapes of the Maleficent films.

I'd really like to see Marvel shake it up a bit. Let's see what Chloe Zhao can do - I'm not hopeful.

So I had a good time but it's just fine at best. The cast are the best thing about it, every single one of the main ones and some of the minor ones too.

Ronnie Chieng FOREVER :horny:

Well this was marvellous! Wasn’t sure what to expect but it really kept me entertained - great cast, great world building and the humour was always on point.

Major plot holes aside (why all the tension around getting through that maze within seconds when a dozen 4x4s mysteriously make it through together and unscathed days later??) I thought it was a good origins story and it left me wanting a sequel and definitely left me wanting the characters to be integrated into the wider MCU.

Definitely hoping to see Awkwafina and Michelle Yeo lining up in some sort of Phase 4 final battle :disco:

Also - Simu Liu :horny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom