Scream 5

This is a poll

• Total voters
Because that’s not in the movie and I found it out through IMDb

Anyway I’ve added a spoiler tag. I mean I couldn’t see the film till yesterday so I avoided the thread till then. Makes more sense.

Well, I just watched this and I LOVED it. Probably my second favourite overall.

The Good:
It created a tone we've not had since the first one; insular and malicious and back to being a private 'family only' do. The celebrity status of the characters played a huge part in the other sequels, so this one being so confined felt correct.
Martha Meeks, Kirby being all alive and that, Sidney being married to the shit detective from 3... all amazing fanservice. I just needed confirmation that Jennifer Jolie is alive and it would have been perfect
The lower body count made the kills much more impactful. Dewey got a memorably savage ending befitting of his status, but it was Judy & her son that got me the most. Frantically racing to get home to save him, then dying with the knowledge that she can't do anything to stop him from being murdered as well. That's fucking COLD.
Sid and Gayle being involved, but not overshadowing the new characters. Also, Sid's increasing nonchalance towards the thread of psycho killers - "I'M BORED" :disco:
Tara and The Twins were great and I hope they're included in the sequel

The Bad:
We didn't get enough time for the new characters to bed in, really. There were opportunities to include them in more scenes but these were squandered. I feel like we got to know the terrible actor characters from Scream 3 better than we did these.
The main actress was really dull. She didn't have the spark or the awareness of pop culture that Sid, Jill or Kirby have.
I was disappointed in the reveal of the killers, but then that's true of 2 and 3 as well. Amber was so throwaway she didn't deserve the status of killer, and Richie was generally a great character who suffered from being easily the most developed of the new lot and therefore the one I really didn't want to be the bad guy. For what it's worth, I'd have had Stu's nephew be the killer, with Mindy as his guru who was guiding him through making a perfect requel.

Why am I annoyed at this when I’m over here pumped for a Halloween 12? :D

I wonder what it will be called - please not Scream 2 :D

I guess this makes sense - ‘5’ was an enjoyable outing and made money. Just please be better than Halloween Kills.

I hope this isn’t true

Scream 6 could now be Gale-less...

Production Weekly, the bible of upcoming Hollywood features, previously had Courtney Cox as the sole attached actor to the project however in the last 24 hours or so the information has been edited removing Cox completely and instead placing the survivors of "Scream" 2022 and "Scream 4" fan favourite Hayden Panettiere as the core cast.

Interestingly Courtney's new Starz show "Shinning Vale" has been renewed for a second season and the same publication lists the shooting window for the new series to match that of the Scream sequel.

I'm not sure how I feel... I'd love to see Gale and Sidney, but I also feel like with each subsequent appearance it becomes more and more likely they'll get killed off (especially since they 'broke the seal' in the last one) and I do want them to live :(

I'm not sure how I feel... I'd love to see Gale and Sidney, but I also feel like with each subsequent appearance it becomes more and more likely they'll get killed off (especially since they 'broke the seal' in the last one) and I do want them to live :(
Leaving so many cast members alive in the last film makes me think they'll try to reposition them as the stars of the franchise - this could even be the killer's motive; attempting to start a new 'franchise' of murders that aren't wedded to the original series.

Reactions: COB
This movie is awful. All those attempts at trying to be referential and 'self aware' are so contrived.

Killer: "Do you like horror movies?"
Heather Graham: "I prefer animated films and musicals"
:D

10/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom