Belinda Carlisle - Heaven on Earth Tour
Erasure - Ne:EP
Joni Mitchell - Blue 50: Demos, Outtakes & Live Tracks
Madonna - Who's That Girl/ Causing A Commotion
Nico - Camera Obscura
Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna
Suede - Sci-Fi Lullabies

But I must limit myself to FIVE so ugh.

I’ve been emailing a record store i thought was in Manchester about Mariah #1s and they confirmed they’ve got it in for me but turns out it’s in Peterborough 🙃

Absolutely fuming. Queued up since 7:30am for the one out of four stores near me who had Mariah Carey listed - was pretty close to the front too, only about twenty people ahead. None left.

Absolutely fuming. Queued up since 7:30am for the one out of four stores near me who had Mariah Carey listed - was pretty close to the front too, only about twenty people ahead. None left.
:(

I managed to get both Madonna and Mariah but I started queuing at 7:00. And it was the last copy of each.
Lots of people ahead in the queue who clearly did not look like fans of either MC lady walking out with copies which were clearly going to make their ways onto eBay and Discogs.

lisa kudrow valerie cherish GIF by The Comeback HBO

I also got a Taylor Swift 7” to sell on for all my messing around. What is the best way to flog that? EBay? And do I put it on right away for wait?

I've seen two friends post online that they both got Mel C as well. Is it properly limited?

There's only 9 copies of "Northern Star" on eBay (UK) at the moment - this may mean that the people buying it were more likely to want it for themselves.

Also, this year, online sales don't start at 6pm - it's back to instore only for a week, same as pre-pandemic.

Did anyone go for the Belinda "Heaven on Earth" live set? I'm only side 1 through and it's pretty terrible. Her voice is pretty strained and clearly hasn't been touched up, ok, I can live with that, but what's the point of a live album if you just remove the sound of the crowd? There's ZERO atmosphere- it just sounds like one of those "direct from the soundboard" rips no one has bothered doing anything with.

I didn’t bother with it. Is it on Spotify? Might give our Bel a stream ..

No idea. Side two sounds a lot better voice- wise, but still the crowd interaction is a faint inter-song ripple. They've also not included any crowd chat.

(I think I was actually AT the gig in question as well, by the way. And the atmosphere was top notch).

Always loved the “live” World Without You video but obviously the vocal is overdubbed and I wonder if the live footage is actually from a gig at all or mixed in with sound check etc

[BLATANT SPAM]

As I noticed today, I have more than 1000 items for sale on my discogs shop and I realised I've never actually promoted it anywhere and now I'm about to be UNEMPLOYED, I thought I might do a social media and Moopy blitz. I've got 100% positive feedback (though on 428 orders, though I've sold over 1200 items without complaint) and 10% discount for any Moopists if you want anything and don't mind doing it via PayPal and not on discogs.

Thank you kindly!

Also managed to pick up the 'Nanas' Wow for a fiver.
It's probably average price and hardly a steal but couldn't resist.

I'm blasting Love Hurts really loud and I believe that on this very Sunday afternoon in June 2022, it might be my favourite CHER album!

HOW!? They are the most ridiculously overpriced place in the WORLD for vinyl :D
I think it's mostly the non-proper collector market i.e. birthday/Christmas present + record player novelty type thing.
They do occasionally have some reasonable offers on new releases but still more expensive than any online retailer and also if I were going to be willingly spending more on a record I'd rather support a local indie store than HMV.

I bought one thing from HMV in the last year. Impossible Princess because I wanted the orange one and they had it for £22. It wasn’t much more expensive at the time than online stores.

Anyone buying into the national album day '90s thing? I'm tempted with some of the titles..

Anyone buying into the national album day '90s thing? I'm tempted with some of the titles..

I'm getting Dannii's Girl, but pre-ordered that ages ago.

Annoying they've started the Eternal reissue campaign now, when I bought Always and Forever off ebay for £20 a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom