RPDR S16 E8: Snatch Game

VoR

Take it or leave it
Good episode! Nobody killed the Snatch Game, but the standard was generally decent.

Ridiculous that Nymphia was called safe after being far and away the worst, but they obviously wanted that lip sync to happen, and I'm happy to see more of her looks at least.

Myha was also in no way one of the top three, and in another context I think she'd have been in the bottom, but she's clearly being graded on a curve in which any spark of life outside the lip syncs earns bonus points.

I wish Dawn had been more interesting because I loved her reading the dreadful Meghan McCain for filth in the confessionals. 'She's an IDIOT who's only famous because of her father!' :D

How lovely to see Chad again!

Snatch rank:

1. Plain Jane - I kind of wanted her to bomb but fair play, that was a well-chosen character.
2. Saphira - If she'd leaned a bit more into James Brown as a cocaine crazed monster she could have wiped the floor, but she was very good.
3. Plasma - Bit of a waste of Patti Lupone. I was willing her to grab Mhya's phone and start screaming about respecting the arts.
4. Q - She had one good joke then faded into the background a bit.
5. Dawn - Good idea, weak execution.
6. Mhya - Low safe at best but I get it.
7. Morphine - Servicable but dull. That lip sync though! :disco:
8. Xunami - Sad to see her go, but it was a baffling idea executed poorly.
9. Nymphia - A complete bomb. I'd have just leant into stupid monkey puns if that was the direction she insisted on going, but there was just nothing there at all.

Last edited:
I got teary eyed during that wonderful lip sync, and really wanted it to be a double safe. Morphine has grown on me lately and Xunami is just too lovely.

That Mhya was one of the tops is such a joke, to me she was the obvious bottom and her outfit was awful too. Get rid!

Great to see Chad Michaels and Kyra was a great guest judge too.

I misheard the guest judge as saying she'd do Madeline McCann if she were on Snatch Game and was momentarily rather taken aback :D Mhi'ya was definitely overpraised just for not being totally awful
(like with Gothy in UKvsThe World)

Last edited:
I’m amazed @VoR you thought Plasma was top three. Agreed the standard vintage on the whole, but it was really not very good. She had no jokes and has she actually done ANYTHING so far that isn’t musical theatre related? Even her damned runway.

I thought Morphine was hard done by, her Anna was better than Dawn and Nymphia’s bomb, but maybe the runway served her.

I did feel pleased for Mhi’ya, but one presumes that this is now the end of the preordained production “arc” which was so obviously sign posted by the ridiculous Ru “oh just be one of your friends we don’t actually know” comment. I’m also not sure I agree with entirely made up characters with no reference point of knowledge either. She was no way top three, but I’d have placed her maybe 5th.

The right top two, though I preferred James Brown on the whole I think. I almost wrote “hole” then- AND THAT’S TRUE TOO!

I misheard the guest judge as saying she'd do Madeline McCann if she were on Snatch Game and was momentarily rather taken aback :D Mhi'ya was definitely overpraised just for not being totally awful

Presumably this a spoiler for this week’s show and that’s really fucking annoying if so…

Last edited:
Presumably this a spoiler for this week’s show and that’s really fucking annoying if so…
Sorry, I had assumed people would have watched last night's show already but obviously there's no reason to have assumed that - I've edited in a spoiler :shy:

I enjoyed Sapphira more but Plane had more jokes, so it was a toss up for the winner.

Everyone else was sort of middling to bad. Nymphia definitely deserved her safety based on the runways.

I'm a bit flummoxed that Dawn has managed to avoid landing in the bottom three week after week. She stopped trying to do an impersonation about half way through that snatch game.

I thought the queens weren’t supposed/allowed to talk during the runway, but today both Sapphira and Plasma did it.

(Can only think of it happening once before with Alaska in AS2 when she screamed before walking the runway)

I thought the queens weren’t supposed/allowed to talk during the runway, but today both Sapphira and Plasma did it.

(Can only think of it happening once before with Alaska in AS2 when she screamed before walking the runway)

I’ve noticed it a few times this season. I can’t remember who/ when but it’s happened a couple of times.

It really wasn't a very good Snatch Game. Way too many bombs. Sapphira was definitely the rightful winner because she did better overall. But Jane was a close second.

It felt like very...short. Plasma and Dawn barely got any airtime.

Mhya somehow FLOATING to the top was just bizarre :D But I didn't mind it. "Trina's cousin" 🤦‍♂️

I'd have preferred Xunami over Morphine, but she turned that lip-sync for sure. Xunami is very likeable.

A decent snatch over all thanks mostly to Sapphira and Jane. Deserved win for Jane. She is now easily my favourite from this season.

Oh yes and it was so good to see Chad. The filter they used on her made her look superimposed :D

How long is Mya going to be here? :nononono: I was really ready for her to go this week. I really can’t with Ru creating a rudemption arc for her which really wasn’t one anyway because she was still garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom