RPDR S16 E14: LipSync Lalaparooza

VoR

Take it or leave it
What a fun episode!

Megami should have won the whole thing though. Seeing her obliterate Mhi'ya and her overrated, song-agnostic aerobics routines masquerading as lip syncs was the most satisfying moment of the entire season.

Morphine winning for shaking her arse (again) and doing splits (again) did temper the joy of it all though. Just let the surprise showstopper have it! I genuinely laughed so hard at Megami's stupid puppet hand thing.

Morphine is GREAT. Stunts but also character.

It was a lovely redemption for Megami too.

I've loved a lot of Mhiya's past lip syncs. Especially the one when she took her shoes off. But she wasn't on her usual form this week.

By new and improved mainstage did Ru mean that they'd be using it in future?

Mirage is a beautiful person and a great dancer but is quite unexpressive in her face when she lip syncs.

Morphine gives good talking head (I enjoyed her running video game analogy) but she's almost as guilty as Mhi'ya of just repeating the same moves regardless of what song she's performing.

Morphine gives good talking head (I enjoyed her running video game analogy) but she's almost as guilty as M'hya of just repeating the same moves regardless of what song she's performing.
To be fair, I think she's at a disadvantage having lip synced so many times. Anyone would be repeating tried and tested moves. Look at Alyssa.

Reactions: VoR
LOVED seeing Megami bring DRAG to her performances but Morphine RIGHTLY won. She is NOT "just like" Mihya. She's brought us humor and silliness too.

Great episode

No way should Megami have won. That hand puppet trick (which was basically nicked off Silky anyway) should be allowed maybe for a line but fuck off the entire verse. Which part of “lip sync for your life” do you not understand?

Anyway, good episode but what TOMFOOLERY that progression through the rounds was! :D

Yeah, and for me that lip sync needed FIERCE not comedy. It’s very rare a comedy routine works for me with a lip sync. Give me FIERCE!

Yeah, and for me that lip sync needed FIERCE not comedy. It’s very rare a comedy routine works for me with a lip sync. Give me FIERCE!
In fairness, she said at the start she was never outdoing Morphine on that front and she was right.

Obviously I'm not immune to a truly fire lip sync (Alyssa vs Tatianna's Shut Up & Drive remains a gold standard) but on the whole I'd take a well-delivered comedy routine that engages specifically with the song being performed over the same old generic splits and backflips any day of the week.

Very fun episode. Some of the decisions were questionable BUT overall I enjoyed it.

This season has been good but I’m so ready to be done with the Plane vs Amanda thing.

Happy for Morphine, she’s a talented queen a deserved some recognition for everything she brought this season, including this episode.

Anyway, good episode but what TOMFOOLERY that progression through the rounds was! :D
Miyah could have ended up in the final on the basis of ONE lipsync (that Plasma actually won) had Megami picked Morphine in the semi????

The way Morphine got her redemption, award, and 50k, while Q made it further and still walked away with nothing lol Ru hates that bitch.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but apparently this episode was the "reunion" episode and we're not getting an actual proper one.

Karen Lol GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

I’m fine without a reunion because it would just be Plane vs Amanda because there honestly isn’t much else going on to talk about for an hour. I guess they could discuss Q’s attitude each time she didn’t win or how nice Sapphira is. Most of the girls really don’t have much going on personality wise.

There was also Morphine vs Mhiya. But yeah, for such a competitive group the season was a little short on drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom