RPDR S16 E04: RDR Live

VoR

Take it or leave it
Oof, these scripted comedy challenges are always death :zombie:

Deserved win for Plasma. Babs impersonations are kind of low hanging fruit, but she really did do a great job with it. Plus pretty much everybody else was actively terrible, which helps her case. I didn't even think the Brick was all that funny, and Jane felt like the third top pretty much by default.

Bit of a downer ending, the right queen clearly went home but yikes, have some dignity girl! I did love how irritated Ru was by the anachronistic Cher hair :D

Plasma was the only top in that challenge indeed. How silly was it to not want that role?

I really wish girls would stop using a jump split as a default lip sync move. Dark Lady is so not a song that calls for acrobatic routines - give us CAMP!

Though I suppose given neither of them really knew the words it was inevitable.

The "comedy" felt even more uncomfortable to watch than usual :zombie: Sarah Michelle Gellar was a good guest judge though. The highlight was Mhiya's Cher impression :D

Reactions: VoR
I have had enough of watching Geneva’s horrible lip synching routine and her delusion about her own talent and abilities.

Her and Maya needs to get dumped soon.

I was just about to warm up to poor Mirage and she had that perfect gypsy look for Dark Lady, such a shame she ruined it.

As a dear old exiled Moopy friend said, I’m getting Cornbread vibes from Saphire and therefore I’d be happy to see her getting either humbled or ousted soon.

Plasma was the ONLY good thing about this episode. She actually improvised. Super happy for her. SMG was nice too.

The rest was shambles. For sketch comedy it was overscripted af.

So much DEAD WEIGHT in this group.

Plasma was the obvious top but Jane was good, whatever her haters think. I also think Amanda did well as the news anchor but they were all saddled with a fucking appalling script- seriously, how do these people have work as writers at this point. It’s terrible.

The lip sync was a shame- Mirage was so much better but the words, the words…Geneva has lucked out twice in a row really. This season really feels like there is some obvious cannon fodder and, yes, Maya is the most obvious. Like a deer in headlights. So out of her depth.

Anyway, highlights of the episode were Ross’s fake tan making him browner than Ru on the walk around and the irony of Ru being the musical guest on RDR “Live” and then pulling out THAT half assed, will this do lip sync :D

Comes to something when the funniest thing was the Rupaul performance.
SMG was a great guest judge, can we have her full time please ?

The challenge was rubbish but the runway was great, and it's a dynamic cast. Was a bit confused at Q being deemed a professional comedian by SMG after that brick performance.

Saphira and Nymphia are so strong, Q is so good with looks and Plain Jane is consistently doing well and is the centre of the show at the minute. It's hard to see anyone else breaking that top four.

Plasma is so annoyingly stage school but so earnest with it that it's hard to dislike her.

The challenge was rubbish but the runway was great, and it's a dynamic cast. Was a bit confused at Q being deemed a professional comedian by SMG after that brick performance.

Saphira and Nymphia are so strong, Q is so good with looks and Plain Jane is consistently doing well and is the centre of the show at the minute. It's hard to see anyone else breaking that top four.

I agree but I can see Amanda having a “you’ve grown so much” redemption- especially if the vs Plain Jane storyline arc continues.

I agree but I can see Amanda having a “you’ve grown so much” redemption- especially if the vs Plain Jane storyline arc continues.
I think she'll be good at performance challenges and will be able to lip sync her way out of look challenge hiccups so I do agree that she could do well. I just don't think she has a chance at top four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom