Pop Toilet Flop Album Listen #1: Lisa Scott-Lee - Never Or Now (TONIGHT @ 9pm)

Did it deserve to flop?

• Total voters
09 Lately
09 Too Far Gone
10 Electric

Reactions: dUb
Touch Me! I'm electric! is probably not the message to send out to the young fans of Steps.

Back In Time, can’t really remember this one but I do remember when she was out promoting the album at 1am on those scams shows that used to air on TV that would get you to phone in to win 10k.

this was obviously before BBC breakfast was big.

So, I knew Lisa quite well as she was always doing PAs up here in Glasgow in a club called Bennets and she would always do meet and greets in her dressing room. We got quite friendly over the visits. She came up to do a PA for the release of Electric. It's in Totally Scott-Lee. I appear briefly in one of the episodes. She did a competition where two people had to sing the Woh-oh bits of Too Far Gone. I of course won, you can here her shout "OMG Danny!' in the clip. Anyway, I got whisked to the dressing room where we sat and drank wine for about 2 hours and other fans came in and got things signed - no one had camera phones back then. She was a good laugh and really nice.

Anyway she came back a while later for the Never or Now release, which wasn't even getting released here, but I had a physical copy from South Africa (or maybe Belgium, I can't remember) - she saw me in the audience and waved me over at the end. I then spent another few hours in her dressing room, she signed my CD and she said my copy was the first actual one she had SEEN! I can remember walking right to the front of the long queue at her dressing room getting evils from the other gays! :D

Back in Time was covered by Angel City on their AMAZING album. Not as good, obviously, but still decent. Another one with an amazing bassline.

That Angel City album really was very good

I use “very good” in the context of this forum, of course x

Reactions: dUb
09 Lately
09 Too Far Gone
10 Electric
08 Back In Time

So Obscenely Delicious continues the Kylie theme - she seemed to pick all the more commercial tracks from Unleashed to carry over to Never Or Now. There were some more experimental tracks on the original album. I wish they would see the light of day one day.

08 Lately
09 Too Far Gone
05 Electric
08 Back In Time
07 Obscenely Delicious
09 Boy On The Dancefloor

Boy On The Dancefloor is absolutely preposterous :D that flamenco guitar :D I fucking can't! It's such a TREAT :disco: and the middle 8 just being a reprise of the verse because it's already THAT GOOD!

YASSSSSSS!!!

"we were so obsessed with writing the next best KYLIE MINOGUE RECORD"

Reactions: SDF
Obscenely Delicious is such a CAMP title for a song.

09 Lately
09 Too Far Gone
10 Electric
08 Back In Time
07 Obscenely Delicious

Oh this quite the bop.

I've never heard this album before. I always found the singles a touch lacking.

Why am I so far ahead? I can't even find the will to hit pause, I'm enjoying this so much

Obscenely Delicious was covered by a Bulgarian TRAMP called Petia. Wonder if @ameraal knows of her. it's on Spotify. her vocals are about ten times worse than Lisa's! :D

Boy on the Dancefloor feels a bit Girls Aloud.

Reactions: SDF
09 Lately
09 Too Far Gone
10 Electric
08 Back In Time
07 Obscenely Delicious
08 Boy on the dancefloor

boy on the dancefloor gets an extra point for the guitar :disco:

Certain little bits of Give You My Love remind me of Murder On The Dancefloor somehow. If only it had stolen the groove. It's alright, more nondescript than the previous few though and well out of ideas by the middle 8.

08 Lately
09 Too Far Gone
05 Electric
08 Back In Time
07 Obscenely Delicious
09 Boy On The Dancefloor
06 Give You My Love

09 Lately
09 Too Far Gone
10 Electric
08 Back In Time
07 Obscenely Delicious