paintings (and artists) you love

krang

User
where my art lovers at?

i'm curious, indulge me please with some of your favourite paintings and artists - be it classics or contemporary.

Nighthawks is my absolute favourite:
fid-880607_fwcm-1.9_ihcm-43.3_iwcm-80.0_maxdim-1000_si-439407.jpg.jpg

Photographer, not painter, but Annie Leibovitz is my favorite artist

My parents had this book when I was a kid and I'd look through it all the time

111819.jpg

Gosh I love so many. But ones I constantly remember are painted by the pseudonym "Monsu Desiderio". His architecture is so nightmarish.

'His' works are decadent and terrifying at the same time. And they make me sad.

Architectural-Landscape-Monsu-Desiderio-Didier-Barra-and-Francois-de-Nome-oil-painting-1.jpg

N01506_9.jpg

ophelia, john everett millais

always been drawn to this one. i saw it in the flesh at a pre-raphaelites exhibit in the tate some years ago.
We have a large print of that in our hallway after seeing it together at the Tate in the early days. I'd just redecorated and knew it would work.

The only other artist prints we have are a trio of Warhol Ingrid Bergmans, and two NYC Christopher Corr scenes which I have never really liked, but have pretty much tuned out now.

Other than that we have a few botanical prints and a few architectural prints about the house. Unlike Mr L I'm not afraid of a bare wall, though.

And obviously I was leaning hard into the Kylie Where The Wild Roses Grow video with the Ophelia decision, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom