Neighbours D̶E̶A̶D̶ ALIVE!

I've started watching from the beginning again, and Julie Robinson is thoroughly unlikeable in these episodes! Max Ramsay is totally hideous to poor Danny as well!

I've been watching it too. It is surprisingly watchable!

Julie is even more unlikeable than her recast.

As an aside I have vague recollections of Sons & Daughters and remember most of the big hitters by face in that (including Morag from Home & Away) but genuinely don't recall Annie Jones being in it.

I mean I even remember Mrs Jessop from The Sullivans so my memory isn't that bad.

I've been watching on dailymotion. The quality is better so far than the ones on Youtube.
Have you looked how far forward they have episodes? My worry is I'd get right into it and then discover hundreds are missing.

Max was such a memorable character at the start to the point that he practically overshadowed every other character.

I only really remember the last bit of his tenure first hand though - I definitely didn't catch most of the Channel 7 episodes on the BBC the first time around.

Any links to specific accounts uploading them? I only really remember Kylie & Jason era so the first year is a bit of a mystery and I only know of the characters but never saw them.

I just watched the episode when Helen got kidnapped. It's actually rather unnerving.

Have you looked how far forward they have episodes? My worry is I'd get right into it and then discover hundreds are missing.
I'm not sure how many are on there, to be honest. I was hoping at least the first 5 years would be online, but I haven't checked!

I can't see the appeal of Max Ramsay, to be honest. All he ever does is shout! I'm looking forward to Madge arriving.

Started on the first episode. Max is a cunt, no wonder that poor lad has nightmares.

Never realised Julie had a previous actress and was in it from day 1.

There's a lot I'd forgotten over the years about the characters or even that they existed... like how Jim Robinson reminded me of my maternal grandfather who died when I was young (probably around the same time as this character), or how Doug Willis when he turns up was the first Doug I 'knew' in life and so would end up etched in my brain as "what a person called Doug looks like"

Last edited:
Ooh. Hot Neighbours goss incoming.

Just had my suspicions of a few decades confirmed (sort of) that Pam Willis is Kylie's maternal aunt.

Well the actress who played her and in real life at least. Pretty sure she was no relation to Madge.

Makes you think, most TV shows can be rewatched easily but a soap like this.... you'd have to pretty dedicated for the next 37 years (assuming you have that long)

Even if you tried to do a "Neighbours Abridged" it'd take years for a massive team of people to go through every episode cutting it down

Makes you think, most TV shows can be rewatched easily but a soap like this.... you'd have to pretty dedicated for the next 37 years (assuming you have that long)
What a sobering thought. I'd never considered if I started rewatching at the same pace, it's more likely I'd be finished before the programme did!

Madge was younger than I am now when she started. I cannot even.

To quote old Jelly Belly from the finale...."It all goes so quickly" :(

Even if you tried to do a "Neighbours Abridged" it'd take years for a massive team of people to go through every episode cutting it down

I've done the first 45 episodes in about a week, so by that rate it should only take about 4 years!

ONLY?! I'd be as old as Ian Smith (when he started) by the time I finished it.

I don’t recall Madge and Helen ever being at odds like that (and I forgot that Madge really started out as a bit of a bogan).

I also forgot all about Helen being a paint by numbers artisté!

Madge was a really strong character before she left the first time around.

All the Ramsays were bogans weren't they?
I was going to say I thought that was the case - weren't the Robinsons meant to be more middle class and the Ramsays a bit rough?

This is my rating of the original 12 characters (based on how much I enjoy their scenes, not how nice they are!):

10 Helen Daniels
09 Jim Robinson
08 Julie Robinson
07 Paul Robinson
07 Scott Robinson
07 Lucy Robinson
05 Max Ramsay
08 Maria Ramsay
07 Shane Ramsay
07 Danny Ramsay
08 Des Clarke
10 Daphne Lawrence

I don't remember Madge having a thing for Jim either (though I'll admit I always sensed some underlying sexual tension):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom