Ms. Marvel

This looks adorable. I’m excited.

This looks great! They really have completely changed her powers and origin for this adaptation though, haven't they :D

Well there are no more inhumans (that was her origin) and I guess this ties her into the Shang Chi.

That's true, and I wonder if the stretching/size-changing powers would've looked a bit too stupid (particularly on a TV budget). I like that they got a punch with a giant fist into the trailer, even if it was a fist made of energy or whatever :tongueout:

I don’t think they even publish any Inhumans books anymore. They pushed them real hard when Fox had the X-men rights because they wanted a team for the movies but the fans never really liked them so they simply got rid once they had the X rights.

NO WAY! I mean, I'm mildly interested and will watch anyway cause I snort everything MArvel poops out.

GOOD:
The casting for Kamala (and the mum)
Diversity in the MCU (even if the powers coming from an enchanted bangle are a bit on the nose)

NOT SO GOOD:
Bruno is so bland, as is influencer bitch
The same predictable teen storyline from EVERYTHING (disapproving parents, girl with a dream lies to them, conflict ensues)
The "creative teen" art theme of crudely-coloured figures in stop-motion animation that feels so done to death now it might as well be writing their Ks backwards to look more childish

So, I'm glad it exists, but I don't think this will be essential viewing, which is pretty par for the course for the Marvel TV shows

and WTF was that Ant Man head made from, it seemed to have unlimited momentum no matter how many things it crashed through :D

Can someone just summarise where Ms. Marvel gets her powers from in the comic book? The bangle thing seemed a bit off, I know it's Disney and it's intended for GEN Z or whatever, but does it differ that much from the comics' character?

As far as I know she’s an inhuman.

I quite enjoyed this! Definitely a strong start at least. I hope they don't focus TOO much on the whole disobeying her parents angle as I feel like it could get a bit tired quickly, and I also hope they keep the stakes relatively low in terms of villains etc (I'm not sure I need to see her go up against some big world-ending threat, not in this series at least).

Can someone just summarise where Ms. Marvel gets her powers from in the comic book? The bangle thing seemed a bit off, I know it's Disney and it's intended for GEN Z or whatever, but does it differ that much from the comics' character?
There was an event in the comics where it was revealed that thousands of humans have dormant Inhuman DNA, when a substance called the Terrigen mist got released and it caused all those people to go into cocoons - when they came out lots of them had developed strange new powers :o AKA Marvel were trying to create lots of new characters similar to the mutants but that they had the movie rights to :eyes: Anyway Kamala was one of them!

I didn't watch it but I think Agents of SHIELD did some version of the Terrigen events and had characters with Inhuman powers? I believe that show is of questionable canonicity nowadays though, so I'm going to assume it didn't happen in the MCU proper.

OMG just remembered that the terrigen mist was also toxic to mutants so all the X-Men fucked off to the MOON or something :D They really were doing everything they could to sideline the mutants for a year or two there!

I didn't watch it but I think Agents of SHIELD did some version of the Terrigen events and had characters with Inhuman powers? I believe that show is of questionable canonicity nowadays though, so I'm going to assume it didn't happen in the MCU proper.

It's always been semi-canonic with Agent Coulson and Maria Hill reprising their roles in the proper movies!

Yes there were inhumane in AoS at least through season 3 where I stopped watching. Not sure how they got rid of them but the inhumans are all but gone from the comics.

Anyway I thought the first episode was very cute. It feels influenced by into the spiderverse which is not a bad thing.

Anyway I thought the first episode was very cute. It feels influenced by into the spiderverse which is not a bad thing.

Oh yes absolutely. I really need this story to get something different going on, because the pieces are there.

Loved the second episode. It is very much different from the regular marvel stuff that I actually have hope that it might end up being decent rather than the usual disappointment.

4 episodes in and this is the best Marvel tv show. I’m just loving it so much.

Also the guy playing Kareem is a snack.

I'm a bit left behind with this one :o I think I like it, but I'm not sure I'm the target audience, has it tied in with the UMC yet or would that be spoiler-ish?

I'm really loving this, it's definitely the best of the Disney+ Marvel shows for me so far - this week's episode set in Karachi was so much fun, Iman Vellani is just so charismatic as Kamala and everything just feels FRESH in a way some of the other shows haven't.

I wasn’t a fan of the finale (shocker when it comes to a marvel tv show :side-eye:). It felt very slap dash.

Also I’m very protective of mutants so I wasn’t thrilled however if anyone is going to be retconned to be a mutant then I’m glad it’s the best character they’ve been able to come up with in a while.

Even with the mistakes I think this is the best of the tv shows.

Marvel TV show rank:

1. Ms Marvel
2. Wanda/Vision
3. Moonknight
4. Loki
5. Hawkeye
6. Falcon/Winter Soldier

1. WandaVision (Lizzie Olsen is a GODDESS)
2. Moonknight (found it incredibly endearing, Oscar is amazing)
3. Hawkeye (Hailee/Florence were the obvious highlights, I hope to see more of both!)
4. Ms. Marvel (took a while for me to take off, she may be the female equivalent of Spider Man for me; My hot take is this I'm just not the target audience for this!)
5. Loki (boring and confusing, watched it for completion sake).
6. Falcon/Winter Soldier (I this Sebastian is a beautiful man but that wasn't enough to save this boring mess).

but isn't promotion banned altogether, regardless if they're done and ready to go??
Oh yeah. Well it'll be something convenient to blame when it flops x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom