Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky + Plastic Hearts (the new masterpiece record!)

:D

the only things it reminds me of presently are Edge of Seventeen (apparently she sent it to Stevie a while back to get her APPROVAL, not that that's difficult) and Miley's own Nothing Breaks Like A Heart and BANG ME BOX :disco:

I'm sure what that means is: album if I get a big hit. the whole record is ready to go.

the problem is the label want smashes and minor hits like Mother's Daughter and Slide Away aren't enough for them. It's stupid. with her level of artistry and music of this quality she can sell albums.

I'm sure what that means is: album if I get a big hit. the whole record is ready to go.

the problem is the label want smashes and minor hits like Mother's Daughter and Slide Away aren't enough for them. It's stupid. with her level of artistry and music of this quality she can sell albums.

But it's so easy to release a 6 track EP on Spotify and get some streams, I don't understand why that needs to wait!

But it's so easy to release a 6 track EP on Spotify and get some streams, I don't understand why that needs to wait!
It's clear the triple EP project would have been artistically great regardless of chart position. She really should have just pressed the red button.

But I feel like Midnight Sky will be the big hit they're looking for, so I'm sure album is ready (like @Jark says) and we've probably got some leftovers on it anyway so I'm VERY READY now.

BANGERZ is very very dated now and Younger Now just wasn't very good, so I'm ready for some Miley quailté.

can we stop disrespecting Younger Now? Malibu is THE BEST summer pop song of 2014-2017 and I will ABSOLUTELY NOT take the DISRESPECT. don't even get me started on Inspired, which is Greta Thunberg personified. or that I Would Die For You - Miss You So Much 1-2 punch, which makes I Will Always Love You - I Have Nothing sound like Christmas carols.

IMPROMPTU JOACRITIC RATE

94 SHE IS MILEY CYRUS (so far, based on Slide Away and Midnight City. it will most likely be reduced as the rest of the album is out).
92 SHE IS COMING
90 Younger Now
70 Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz
89 Bangaz
81 Can't Be Tamed
75 The Time of Our Lives
78 Breakout

once upON A TIME it was PARADISE!
once upON A TIME I was PARALYSED!

the wine of pop.

i thought we were keeping the misogyny to the Dua Madge thread but i guess not.

Younger Now is DRECK. Malibu was lovely and breezey, but the album as a whole was a whole lot of nothing.

Came in to say that I LOVE this - it’s so, so good. Does it sample In The Air Tonight?

Holy shit this song is good.

I can't believe I'm stanning MILEY CYRUS.

Last edited:
Actually, I think this would've sounded even better if it was a bit grimier in its production. But overall it's a very excellent tune

Actually if there's been one good thing in 2020, it's been pop music. We got quality Dua, Gaga, Kylie, to name a few, and now potentially Miley.

FINALLY got to round to playing this - WOW an instant career best, and probably a potential future classic :disco:

On one listen ALONE it's clearly considerably stronger (and more mature) than most of her previous material.
As much as I love the title 'Midnight Sky' though, I sort of wish the song was called 'Loved By You' for instant chorus-remembering purposes :D

This is SO GOOD it drove me to an end to end playthrough of all 92 minutes of Мiley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz last night.

Pablow The Blowfish remains a seminal weepie :(

Party In The USA is ridiculously huge, especially in its Cahill guise.

And Adore You is a genuinely lovely tune.

Nothing Breaks Like a Heart being on the cusp of a million "sold" makes me very happy indeed - quite possibly my favourite Miley track at this point.

Oh that's a shame. This song is lead single material x100

I think the general consensus from the above discussion is that if this fares well there's probably an album waiting in the wings, but if it doesn't, the album never existed and don't ask her about it because she'll give you a LOOK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom