Memories of 1996

aquaplex

User
I've got the next in my One More Time nights coming up next month and I'm delving back to 1996. Anyone with fond memories of the big stars and flopstars of the year (and Los Del Rio)?

FRDek_fXoAIQT2f

I was literally born in 1996 so my knowledge is vague and memories limited. :D

But definitely one of the best years in terms of music. :disco:

1996 was the year I started to get into music but was all confused.

I remember the hype of E’voke and of one of them being an ex Eastenders STAR and was also aware of an exit of an Eastenders STAR the previously year and though Letitia Dean was one half of E’voke.

Then around the same time Gloria chatted with You’ll Be Mine (Party Time) and radio 1 played the clubby remix and I was like oh I didn’t know Gloria Hunniford sung let alone would do something so cool.

Flops you say?

Trying to do the same thing as Louise with twice the talent but half the budget was never going to work.

A quick peruse of Rebekah Ryan on Spotify shows she either couldn't secure the copyrights OF HER MAGNUS OPUS from 1996 or is pretending it doesn't exist since only some rock tracks she features on are all she has to show on it. How unfortunate (is it?) :(

SHE HAS A WHOPPING 6 MONTHLY LISTENERS THO :disco:

Was comparing the UK and US charts of 1996. One of the take-aways I found quite fascinating is that "One By One" by Cher was a top 10 hit over here (and even made the end-of-year top 100 chart) whereas it stalled at no. 52 in the US. :shock:

Was comparing the UK and US charts of 1996. One of the take-aways I found quite fascinating is that "One By One" by Cher was a top 10 hit over here (and even made the end-of-year top 100 chart) whereas it stalled at no. 52 in the US. :shock:

Well Cher was given a terrible rnb rinse for the US with that album, so who knows where the gorgeous rock-blues vibe version would have stalled at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom